Black on black CSi on BaT

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
Another one on BaT. This time black on black leather with faux carbon fiber instead of the wood trim.

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sinister. Almost look like B&W photos. Are the lenses tinted, or the hue is just dialed down on the photos?

And a CS with CSi badging? I look forward to the BaT commentary on that discrepancy.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 12.32.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 12.32.31 PM.png
    579.4 KB · Views: 46

offpage

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are the lenses tinted, or the hue is just dialed down on the photos?
I think just dialed back to make the black pop. It would be hard to tint the full rear lenses to this effect - plus I’d be freaked out visibility/safety. The front turn lenses are the Italian style which I usually see as more amber than these look, again suggesting the color has been shifted a bit.

ahab

Site Donor
Reaction score
This car is 10 minutes from me and I have a friend who's pretty interested. Is this car as much of a cobbled together pig as it seems? The barren trunk, the misaligned body panels, no front bumper, inop stuff all over and blacked out everything? It seems almost tasteful in the pics so on the one hand it could end up being a deal if bought at a reasonable price, if someone wants to put the effort in post purchase. On the other, is it even savable or is this a mountain of work to end up with a tarted up disaster of a car? The original engine is seemingly gone, the 4sp is a waste, and the engine, well. No words really, and all the little stuff isn't helping.

Edit: and when I say savable, I mean to turn into something halfway respectable. It's already a color change with the wrong engine so it's never going to be more than a decent driver.

Last edited:

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is that an old York A/C compressor w/o a belt on the pulley? Where's the evaporator,etc. in the center console? Saying the A/C is non-functional seems like an understatement.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i remember seeing somebody sell a carbon dash / door trims on the forum a while back.

its not what you call a very refined coupe.

bdigel

Reaction score
Not trying to pile on , Not sure its a B35 , the distributor as mentioned ( can be retrofited with Cam and upper timing cover change) but also has very early style Oil filter housing ( also not hard to retrofit)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not trying to pile on , Not sure its a B35 , the distributor as mentioned ( can be retrofited with Cam and upper timing cover change) but also has very early style Oil filter housing ( also not hard to retrofit)
Yes, I modified a dizzy by staking it. Motronic needs a temp sensor and doesn’t use vacuum advance. @teahead

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is that an old York A/C compressor w/o a belt on the pulley? Where's the evaporator,etc. in the center console? Saying the A/C is non-functional seems like an understatement.
Rotary compressor