Blaupunkt Frankfurt Radio Install

Vintage56

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Happy New Year!

This is a "needle in a haystack" type question, but here goes:
Does anyone have the front fascia and install hardware, tray, brackets, etc for an early 1970's Blaupunkt Frankfurt for installation into a 1971 BMW 3.0cs WITHOUT A/C?

I see Christof has the pieces but he's asking $200 for it with shipping of 55euro or $60.

Has anyone crafted the tray and brackets for the install or can anyone offer suggestions on how to secure the radio in place in a different manor?
Perhaps someone was going to install a Blaupunkt but then decided on a different course and the pieces are sitting in their garage?
(We can have visions of sugarplums especially around the Holidays!)......
Appreciate all suggestions.

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Happy New Year!

This is a "needle in a haystack" type question, but here goes:
Does anyone have the front fascia and install hardware, tray, brackets, etc for an early 1970's Blaupunkt Frankfurt for installation into a 1971 BMW 3.0cs WITHOUT A/C?

I see Christof has the pieces but he's asking $200 for it with shipping of 55euro or $60.

Has anyone crafted the tray and brackets for the install or can anyone offer suggestions on how to secure the radio in place in a different manor?
Perhaps someone was going to install a Blaupunkt but then decided on a different course and the pieces are sitting in their garage?
(We can have visions of sugarplums especially around the Holidays!)......
Appreciate all suggestions.

If Christof has the correct pieces you need, $260.00 seems like a bargain. It's a coupe, sometimes you have to pay to play.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My very talented mechanic mounted a Blaupunkt in my non-ac coupe years ago. Didn't seem to pose a problem for him. I know he did not have "kit." You just need the right person.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
The topic was recently on for Becker Europa.

CS Werk is selling kits for radio installation.

As you may see it is "just" a sheet metal bent, so nothing which cannot be done at home or local shop.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Best to buy Christof's & be done. Even with the correct radio bracket, while it looks simple, without the correct tools with be much more difficult. Highly recommend buying a small 90° ratcheting driver set.

Athena Radio.JPG
IMG_5690.jpeg

Vintage56

Reaction score
Best to buy Christof's & be done. Even with the correct radio bracket, while it looks simple, without the correct tools with be much more difficult. Highly recommend buying a small 90° ratcheting driver set.

View attachment 174723View attachment 174724
Thanks for the suggestion on the tools. The top photo looks like my radio. So I am sure it will go into the dash as expected. Are there any other photos of the top radio as it was installed?

Do you know or can you recall the size of the radio opening? Is it 87mm by 35mm or 115mm by 42mm?

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not have any other radio photos nor any measurements as the tapered plastic faceplate is designed to fit directly below the air vents. The first photo is back in 2011 when I purchased the U.S. AM/ FM Frankfurt radio, faceplate & bracket from a forum guy in the U.K.

Several years ago, the U.S. Franfurt one day stopped working completely. I bought a European Frankfurt LMKU from Enoz on here.

Soon after that, I added the Oil Temperature, Oil Pressure & Voltmeter. Also purchase an Bluetooth Out of Sight Audio Mark 2 module mounted to the rear of the center console behind the radio & auxiliary gauges. outofsightaudio.com.

Vintage56

Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not have any other radio photos nor any measurements as the tapered plastic faceplate is designed to fit directly below the air vents. The first photo is back in 2011 when I purchased the U.S. AM/ FM Frankfurt radio, faceplate & bracket from a forum guy in the U.K.

Several years ago, the U.S. Franfurt one day stopped working completely. I bought a European Frankfurt LMKU from Enoz on here.

Soon after that, I added the Oil Temperature, Oil Pressure & Voltmeter. Also purchase an Bluetooth Out of Sight Audio Mark 2 module mounted to the rear of the center console behind the radio & auxiliary gauges. outofsightaudio.com.
Thanks for the feedback. I bought the pieces from Christof in Bonn, Germany as was recommended by this Forum. We'll see how it all fits together.

Thanks all.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion on the tools. The top photo looks like my radio. So I am sure it will go into the dash as expected. Are there any other photos of the top radio as it was installed?

Do you know or can you recall the size of the radio opening? Is it 87mm by 35mm or 115mm by 42mm?

My radio has a larger middle face with its own cover. I had to remove the cover to have it fit in the opening. This caused a gap between the push buttons and dial, that I covered with a piece of foam for now.
I should have asked Christoph to send me one with larger opening without the raised edges or one with the middle bar. The third picture is ideal for my radio. I will once back in Europe.

Attachments

• IMG_4932.jpeg
    IMG_4932.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4934.jpeg
    IMG_4934.jpeg
    342.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4933.jpeg
    IMG_4933.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 39
Last edited: