Blinker switch on left or right

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I also auto-adjust to the right side blinkers when in my car. To help prevent the ham-fisting mentioned above, if someone unfamliar with the car is about to drive it, he/she gets a couple reminders of said placement.

Yes, and let this be a warning to anyone who is flattered that someone wants to use their car in filming. Somebody here (I don't remember who it was) revoked the permission to use their car in a film when one of the actors damaged a stalk that did not operate as they expected.

oldcoupe

Reaction score
This has been discussed in the past - around 2010 I posted:

Used the headlight/turn and wiper switches from an E3 in my older style '72 E9. Took me some time to work it out and to make sure everything was reversible. It made the controls the same as my e28 and my more recent Peugeot dd. The E3 switches are I believe the same as the '73 onwards E9s. They have a much more solid feel, and were still easily and cheaply available when I did the change. It helped that the wiring on the E3 and E9 has the same colours for the same functions. Took me some time to work it out and to make sure everything was reversible. It made the controls the same as my e28 and my more recent Peugeot dd. The E3 switches are I believe the same as the '73 onwards E9s. They have a much more solid feel, and were still easily and cheaply available when I did the change. It helped that the wiring on the E3 and E9 has the same colours for the same functions.