Blue Devils' seatbelts - simply amazing!

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
Just installed a set of Al's seatbelts to replace the clunky and uncomfortable early, two-piece (i.e. separate lap and shoulder) belts that came with my '73 3.0 CS. They attach to the original mounting points, function perfectly, fit way more comfortably than the originals and look like they came from the factory. Amazing work that upgrades the entire experience of being in the driver's seat. I'd recommend them very highly to anyone still getting choked by that awful, unmovable shoulder strap.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just installed a set of Al's seatbelts to replace the clunky and uncomfortable early, two-piece (i.e. separate lap and shoulder) belts that came with my '73 3.0 CS. They attach to the original mounting points, function perfectly, fit way more comfortably than the originals and look like they came from the factory. Amazing work that upgrades the entire experience of being in the driver's seat. I'd recommend them very highly to anyone still getting choked by that awful, unmovable shoulder strap.

please larry, no photos, no understanding of this feedback :-D

post some pics, please

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have helped many owners get these belts from Al, he does great work.

Attachments

• belt 7.jpg
    belt 7.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 443
  • belt 1.jpg
    belt 1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 408

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can we see some pics?

So they mount in existing points with no drilling/reinforcing?

Cost?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the euro 3.0 or the 2800 would have the anchor point hidden under the headliner? Has anyone every looked at a parts car?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the euro 3.0 or the 2800 would have the anchor point hidden under the headliner? Has anyone every looked at a parts car?

My 1971 example from Belgium has anchor points in this location.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've seen comments before about 'Al's Blue Devil seat belts', but have not been able to find a link to his web site or an e-mail for him. I have a pair of the '74 retractable 3 point belts that I'd like to contact him about. One works perfectly, but I'd like new webbing, and the other one needs some repair.

Can someone please provide me a link or method for making contact??

THANKS

PS: Maybe I found the source! Discovered a user name 'bluedevils' and sent a PM to him.

Last edited:

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I saw a post somewhere that made it appear they are in the $400-500 area. Don't remember the date on that post, however.

IF you have a set of the originals, repair/refurbishment is probably cheaper.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Gary.

Yes I do still have my originals. They work but the webbing is old and the retracting mechanism is very tired. I assume they could be refurbished.