Blue Shop Manuals

LonestarZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a question concerning the workshop manuals in the blue binders. If I purchased volume one that says it covers the 2500 and 2800 would that be sufficient to cover a 3.0CS or would I need to get a volume that specifically says it covers the 3.0? This manual as far as I can tell has some supplements in it for the 3.0 and was last updated July of 73, but I do not know if it has all that I would need. Is there some way to tell if all the supplemental information was added to cover the 3.0?
Thanks for your help.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
The 2 binder set for the 2500-3.0CSi covers both coupes and sedans. It is very important that your manual/manuals come with a wiring diagram for your specific car, otherwise, electrical problems could be hard to pinpoint sometimes.

It is hard to say what manual you have. Believe some of the earliest manuals were maybe coupe or sedan specific and came as a single binder manual.

Does your manual look anything like this?
P1030961.jpg

LonestarZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes it looks the same as what you have pictured, but it lists it only covers the 2500-2800 on the binder. One of the sheets inside lists updates, which this one has been updated last on July of 73. I can tell it has updated sheets that have information about the 3.0 but I can't tell for sure if all information is there, that is my dilemma.

Bwana

Reaction score
I've got a set of the two binders and I think it covers the 3.0 CS. At least thats what it says on the outside. I'll look tonight to see.

Where in Houston are you? I'll be around this weekend if you want to drive up and take a look at them. PM me.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
For the aforementioned 2500-3.0CSi manuals, they are mostly coupe specific. Strangely, these manuals do refer to the sedans on a limited and random basis. In addition to the 1973 addendums, there were additional addendums in 1976. These updates deal mainly with the then newly developed Bosch L-jetronic fuel injection system for the 3.0-3.3 Si/Li sedans.

P1030950.jpg