BMW 3.0CS 1974 from Sweden

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi,

Just joined and looking forward to read through the forum. I've already seen a lot of interesting DIY guides! ;).
My car is undergoing tear down and it has electric sunroof, electric windows front and rear. Sunroof will be deleted and I will install full roll cage. I have dogleg, limited slip and a lot of other nice parts. Also some extra tail lights (2 extra sets) along with bumpers etc. that will eventually be for sale.

Attachments

• BMW_3.0CS.jpg
    BMW_3.0CS.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 463
  • BMW_3.0CS_2.jpg
    BMW_3.0CS_2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 465
  • display.jpg
    display.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 446

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi,

Just joined and looking forward to read through the forum. I've already seen a lot of interesting DIY guides! ;).
My car is undergoing tear down and it has electric sunroof, electric windows front and rear. Sunroof will be deleted and I will install full roll cage. I have dogleg, limited slip and a lot of other nice parts. Also some extra tail lights (2 extra sets) along with bumpers etc. that will eventually be for sale.

Welcome!

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thank's! :). Looking forward to the day when one can hear the engine roar!

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
After a long pause from the forum, I'm now back! The E9 project has spiraled out of control... as usual with my projects.

Sandblasted
20170410_165349.jpg
Engine
20170623_115014.jpg
Wheel housing (seem like someone has been working on the car at some point in time)
20170410_163800.jpg
Some new parts...
20170410_163529.jpg
Had to delete the sunroof since there's a full roll cage is coming
20171122_222453.jpg
Up until this, it looked fairly good. No rust in sight... that was until the rocker panels were removed(!). Well, I actually looked inside those with fiber optic camera when buying the car. However, I didn't see the severity of it ;)
20171125_211005.jpg
20171220_213217.jpg
20171128_225744.jpg
Differential mount bracket
20171220_213400.jpg
More new parts
20180222_210340.jpg
Just before the car is sent away for roll cage installation
20180313_174301.jpg

Huge thanks to Tomek for the work on the car. I have entered an era of having no time to work on cars, so all work up until now is done by Tomek ;).

Last edited:

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
i installed a roll cage ( Custom Cages UK ) but kept the sunroof....not ideal. We had to lower the cage about 2 inches and mounted the rally seats on custom bars after removing the OEM structures ,between the seat mounts, to get them lower.

It works well , but with a helmet there's not much clearence.

o well, after his rally years i can always remove the cage and still have the sunroof....but think i will keep that car as is forever....

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@erneland how did you delete the sunroof?
Complete new roof skin? How's the result? Pictures please! :D
Thanks!
Hi! The roof was cut out and replaced with a section of E36 roof :). I can get more detailed pics later, but this shows what was done. E36 seemed to have a perfect fit.

Attachments

• Sunroof1.jpg
    Sunroof1.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 401
  • Sunroof17.jpg
    Sunroof17.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 402
  • Sunroof18.jpg
    Sunroof18.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 367

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, where in Sweden are you?
I will be Sweden there this summer!
Joe
Hi Joe!

I'm in the southern part, but work in Oslo, so I drive a lot from around Malmoe in Sweden to Oslo in Norway. Let me know if you're close by. There are a lot of car meetings little bit here and there ;) (Cars and Coffee meetings, sort of).

NilsH

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very interesting! Thanks! :)
How large was the cut out section? The full length and width your E9 roof?

Hi! The roof was cut out and replaced with a section of E36 roof :). I can get more detailed pics later, but this shows what was done. E36 seemed to have a perfect fit.

pat cooks

Reaction score
seems you are fitting a 745i engine? I once installed one into an E30.......................

autowerks

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Michael, Have friends in Malmoe that I visit but mostly stay around Stockholm area! Will be in touch! Thanks Joe