BMW 3.0CS Engine

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Freshly removed from the 1973 3.0CS I am parting out, I have one used motor. It has the twin Zenith Carbs. We pulled the spark plugs and they looked great. Oil looks fine too and looks good under the oil cap. The engine can be turned smoothly and is complete. The autochoke comes on and the carbs look ok. The distributor looks like it was changed not long prior to the car getting totalled. The clutch and pressure plate look in good order too despite some corrosion from having sat for 12 years. Overall it looks like this motor was in good order before the car's life ended. I will be giving it a pressure wash this weekend and will post pics. If you have interest, please give a reasonable offer and it is yours!

The parts are in Carmel Indiana. I would prefer local collection but if anyone needs help with transport I am happy to help. Reach out with any questions!

Engine number is 2240629, which matched the chassis.

BigAlex

Reaction score
Is this still available. I am attempting to source a M30 engine to either replace but preferably asset with the rebuilt of mine. I appreciate that I am in the UK.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Freshly removed from the 1973 3.0CS I am parting out, I have one used motor. It has the twin Zenith Carbs. We pulled the spark plugs and they looked great. Oil looks fine too and looks good under the oil cap. The engine can be turned smoothly and is complete. The autochoke comes on and the carbs look ok. The distributor looks like it was changed not long prior to the car getting totalled. The clutch and pressure plate look in good order too despite some corrosion from having sat for 12 years. Overall it looks like this motor was in good order before the car's life ended. I will be giving it a pressure wash this weekend and will post pics. If you have interest, please give a reasonable offer and it is yours!

The parts are in Carmel Indiana. I would prefer local collection but if anyone needs help with transport I am happy to help. Reach out with any questions!

Engine number is 2240629, which matched the chassis.

selling an engine

Five speed?

???

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Motor is still for sale. Turns nicely, is complete with carbs and was a running motor before the car hit the pole!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For local Orange County buyers only

I also have a complete M30 as well with Zeniths and water pump, no trans