Bmw 3.0csi 1971 back in München, 38 years after !

renzo

Reaction score
A few weeks ago my 3.0CSi of 1971 drive me to Munich to visit the BMW museum. A great pleasure to go there, 1700 km round trip with an incredible car. With such a network of motorways, mostly without speed limits, it is easy to understand why Germans build such cars capable of swallowing the miles with comfort, speed and performance.

From its 38 years, the car was exceptionnal to drive, roaring at every request of the accelerator and always ready to give the maximum. A powerful and enduring engine offering acceleration and reaching easily the maximum speed at the bottom of the 4 gear and could stay at the maximum speed during long kilometers, without fear of heat or explode the engine.

So 38 years after leaving the BMW factories , the BMW 3.0CSi went back to Munich. I take time to visit the BMW museum and taking pictures of my car in front of the BMW's buildings.

The museum visit was very pleasant with beautiful models and a lot of originality in the presentation of themes. Some vehicles were complementary welcome ... There was a magnificent 3.0CSi a metallic green color very special.

You will find more picture of the bmw museum here : http://www.oldtimer-valais.ch/pics/thumbnails.php?album=1

DSC_5859.jpg

DSC_5840.jpg

DSC_5880.jpg

DSC_5834.jpg

Attachments

• normal_DSC_5859.jpg
    normal_DSC_5859.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 94
  • normal_DSC_5840.jpg
    normal_DSC_5840.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 86
  • normal_DSC_5880.jpg
    normal_DSC_5880.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 81
  • normal_DSC_5834.jpg
    normal_DSC_5834.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

renzo

Reaction score
yes the 3.0CSi in the museum is in very good condition. Here is a picture of it.. and me :)

This color is very special, but I like it. Does anybody know the code and name of this color ?

DSC_5753.jpg

m_thompson

Reaction score
I collect coupe pictures and the matching VINs. When I took a picture of the coupe I forgot to get the VIN. The crew at the museum will not tell me the VIN because it is "private information".

Here is my picture.

Attachments

• Coupe.jpg
    Coupe.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited: