BMW CCA OKTOBERFEST Oct 31 - Nov 4th 2017

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would be happy to arrange a dinner for e9'ers during the week, the owner of the company I work for also owns Galatoire's so maybe there or a venue where cars could be parked safely.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'll check my schedule and the BMW CCA list. If I do attend I'll know by the end of the week 5/26/17. Would love to caravan with other e9s, of course plenty of time to plan that.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
maybe i will have my coupe back at that time. that would be a MUCH better time to be in NOLA than July ... at least 20 degrees difference, perhaps 30. the humidity will be the same.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just registered and booked the hotel, will be driving Athena and be in the Judged Classic Clean Class...hopefully there won't be fog mixed with ash from nearby fires like at Legends in 2016.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Awesome. For those interested I will to put together a list of non-touristy (and good touristy) places to eat, drink, and visit, not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Also will try to recruit my friends' ceylon and verona to come play. I believe Jim (SaltyDog) is in the concours also. Maybe an e9 dinner and/or plantation tour:

http://www.oakalleyplantation.com/sugarcane-plantation/plantation-tours

Just registered and booked the hotel, will be driving Athena and be in the Judged Classic Clean Class...hopefully there won't be fog mixed with ash from nearby fires like at Legends in 2016.

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve, definitely interested in that, I did the CCA Social Package...Also plan to do some charity rides, hopefully with Brian Redman in a CSL, that would be a dream come true.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As some of you know, Shawn and I fly down for this event, no coupe of course. A coupe dinner or plantation outing would be awesome. Mon/Tue/Wed nights are open, I'm not doing any social package, I'm there to help Paul Cain judge at the Concours. I'm hoping the CCA will give us a free lunch for our efforts but I'm not counting on it!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We could do an e9 dinner Tues or Wed night as I think most will have arrived by then, the question is which CCA dinner would you not mind missing - the welcome dinner Tues or the Muriel's dinner Wed? Or Monday if everyone will be here. Same for a tour, Oak Alley is about a half day trip including eating, we can take the scenic way up river road there and the quicker way home. So chime in with suggestions as I will only be doing the concours (maybe) and not participating in other activities. I can create a poll if that would be helpful.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris, I hope you are my judge. If I have to miss a CCA dinner it's not a big deal. I'll check the schedule.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andrew,

I hope I just have to supervise a team of judges, much easier! They always make the tall guy do the undercarriage judging! Just make sure your coupe is clean as it can be too.

Chris

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And don't forget, Tuesday night is Halloween, I think I want to be in the French Quarter that night, it should be interesting!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good call, if need be we could have an early-ish dinner and be done in plenty of time for you to see the show, it's a late crowd there.

And don't forget, Tuesday night is Halloween, I think I want to be in the French Quarter that night, it should be interesting!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Leaving home on Saturday October 21st and heading to Austin then Fredricksburg Texas. I'll be arriving at the Hyatt in New Orleans on October 29 & have the 30th free. Will most likely be cleaning Athena that day.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am still planning a dinner and tour but work has been crazy so stay tuned. Andrew, you and anyone else is welcome to clean cars at my house 10 min from Hyatt and 5 min from concours.

Dohn

Reaction score
I'll be arriving on the 30th as well. My wife Marsha arrives Tuesday, so I'll use the time for cleaning bugs off the coupe. I'm also doing the Classic Clean class, just for fun. Sounds like we'll have a few coupes there to class up the concours. Looking forward to meeting more of you!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We arrive Sunday eve, staying in the Garden District for two nights, staying with a friend two nights, leave Thurs. I am sure Paul will have me judging coupes.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ok, who wold like to attend an e9 dinner Tues, Wed or Thurs at the restaurant in Audubon Park? Site of the Concours. Plenty of parking amongst the majestic Live Oaks. What is everyone planning or not planning on doing for dinner during the week? Anyone who would like to get together please let me know either here or by PM and I will make reservations.

Also let me know if you want to clean your car at my house during the week, I will stock up on beverages and other necessary detailing items like gumbo and Popeye's chicken.

Stay tuned for a drive plan.