BMW CCA?

Haseeb

Reaction score
Haseeb, I meant the Vintage CCA. Everything the guys said about it above and more. There is a show every summer in New Hope. This summer it is Sunday, Aug. 15. I will be there with my coupe along with a couple of coupes and 2002s, I hope.

If you can, motor down and we can do a meet and greet. There may still be some openings for registration, but this year it is one day vs. two in the past.

Hope you can make it, or for one of our local Sunday morning drives around Bucks and Hunterdon counties.

Steve [email protected] 215.620.7687
You know I actually think I would love to go to the New Hope show, where can I register :)? It's only like 40 minutes away from me!

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve been in the CCA for 37 years (w a 3 year hiatus). I couldn’t agree more that the club’s single minded focus on new BMWs provides little motivation to stay.

But we all know the devotion to the new cars is a major factor in the club’s success. None of the other foreign car clubs I belong to have the same level of advertising (eg financial support), OEM support, or are able to put on the same number and level of major events.

Like many of you my DD is a BMW so there is a tiny bit of value from the rebates, articles, adverts, etc. the writing isn’t half bad either in comparison to the more excellent oMotor Trend magazine ;-) The yearly fee is outrageously high but still dirt cheap compared to other clubs which charge $60, $80, $100, etc for a years membership).

I think I still belong only because the CCA is a gold mine of ideas for how the other clubs I belong to could/should do it better. When I’ve served as a board member of those other clubs I regularly used CCA as inspiration for everything from sponsoring club memberships on new car sales to fund raising to improving dealer relations.

FWIW, I think the Mercedes club mag does a nice job balancing the old C&S new. The content is about 50/50.

Attachments

• 6B2C02B6-9DBC-4F53-A9CE-A6F07D233569.jpeg
    6B2C02B6-9DBC-4F53-A9CE-A6F07D233569.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 104