BMW CSI EBAY

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The visor panel vinyl is a different type, I have peeled a bit of the back of mine
The main headliner is thin and light, the visor panel is heaver, sort of rubbery
I agree, Mark. They are two different material types, but I believe are intended to have the same aesthetic appearance (probably more true when new). The both have perforations and the "lines". The visor panels tend to represent better than the headliners (imo) which show dirt more readily.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ya, that's my turd.

I bought it back in October, but it clearly needed more work than I had hoped, and thus, unloading it. I already have too many other projects and this one will require nothing but a full resto, otherwise it's not worth it.

Let me know if you have any questions and no, I'm not taking the rocker covers off as it's already a given it'll need rocker work. But I'm flexible on the price.

Definitely a rare bird and hope it goes to someone who'll take it down, all the way down, and get done right.

Love the spec of this car. I think it would be a great long term investment.

I have to ask, Rob, why eBay and not BaT? Personally, I wouldn't sell a car on BaT as my skin is nowhere near thick enough, but it does seem to be the place for E9s these days.

In any event, good luck with the sale. It is a rare and interesting car, fairly priced.

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think BAT is great for #1 and #2 cars, but a #4 or #5 (like mine) just doesn't sell well and all it does is garner a ton of negative comments. The most recent CSi there sold for $32k and it was arguably, better condition than mine (although w/rust busting through, probably would require just as much work) and thus my turd wouldn't even reach half that.

Plus EB reaches millions, as opposed to BAT. And on BAT, I don't have much control how the description is written.

I'll probably put it on Hemmings or even that European site if it doesn't sell on EB after several tries.