BMW Day (Boston, August 11 2013)

duane_sword

Reaction score
Calling all fellow Nor'East Coupe Enthusiasts - next Sunday is BMW day at Larz Anderson.

The BMW CCA hosts the event and they require Pre-Registration or you will pay $20 on site.

I have volunteered to assist and judge so I need to get there early.

It would be great to see a convoy of E9s rolling in to put up a show of numbers relative the 2002s'

Event is 9am-2pm , register here:

http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/ultimate-calendarView.aspx?EventID=670

To my knowledge there are 13 x E9s lurking in MA, NH, RI, VT, ME.... and the only time to venture into Boston given our famous traffic and uniquely impatient drivers is on a Sunday.

Hope to see you there! You know who you are :)

duane_sword

Reaction score
I can try to sell some books for you...

Rob - sorry you can't make it over for the BMW Day...

As a sales & marketing guy, perhaps I can put on a fake beard (given I cannot grow one myself it seems), setup a table with your book, and sign books as your proxy.

We have another E9 in the area... but I will let him share the details himself.... we need to have a coupe cruise before the end of the season.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Stan do you have a storage bin in the trunk of your E9? If not I have a present for you on Sunday

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Neat venue

I was there today, on vacation from Florida, for Tutto Italiano, and Duane also had his coupe on display, off to the side. Wow. Mario does good work.

The venue is beautiful, on an old estate with a big hill overlooking the Boston skyline.

Today they had all Italian stuff, and my personal highlights were a Lancia Aurelia convertible, a very rare Alfa Romeo GTC convertible (a factory built ragtop version of a step nose GTV), a tiny camper being pulled by a tiny 60s Fiat, plus the usual Lusso, GTE, etc.

They have cars shows all summer there on Sundays, so if you are passing through, check it out.

Scott

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow! I'm in Boston for vacation that day. hope to be there but my csl is quite far away from there!

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I will try to make it, but I'm not sure if LarzA will be happy with my co-pilot. She is still recovering from knee surgery and can't be left alone. I'll likely make a decision on Sunday morning.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oops, forgot to mention...

Autoweek had a quick mention of BMW day - hope its ok, here's a screen shot of Rob.

Attachments

• BMWday.jpg
    BMWday.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 237

Vbigdog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I will try to make it, but I'm not sure if LarzA will be happy with my co-pilot. She is still recovering from knee surgery and can't be left alone. I'll likely make a decision on Sunday morning.

I have brought my Mastiff to Larz Anderson a number of times Mako, dogs are welcomed. I have seen other pups as well. Love Akitas.

TodB

Reaction score
About as good a forecast as you could wish for on Sunday which means I have to clean my coupe a bit a process I enjoy less and less :)

I have brought my Mastiff to Larz Anderson a number of times

Bring the Mastiff!!

Should have brought him to German Car day and "walked" him in the Porsche area. I grew up with St Bernards and Mastiffs so I've seen what they do (no pun intended). Awesome dogs.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
So, I got to see a bunch of coupes there. I talked to Joe, who had a mostly original 80,000 mile Siena Braun coupe. Got to to meet the Northeast e9 ambassador, Stan, and saw his very nice coupe, which has what seems to be about ten coats of Chamonix paint. Great paint job. Met Duane and his staggeringly nice coupe with all the Alpina bits.
Also saw a another silver e9, a black one with basket weaves, and Tod's nice blue one. There was also another black one, for a total of at least seven.
Nice to check out all the details on Stan's coupe, what is correct, etc. he had some neat pink Beru spark plugs, which apparently are the proper ones for the tool kit, etc.

The display in the museum was also great. One of Schumis F1 cars was my highlight.

Scott