BMW E9 3.2/3.5 Turbo Hartge Cabrio? VIN 2211619

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agree w @Ohmess - swapping in a full interior from another wrecked/rusted coupe would probably be the easiest, most direct and potentially more affordable approach. A good portion of E9s need their chassis restored so the same holds true here. I believe Spain has a much lower hourly rate for knowledgeable body shops and Portugal is next door so it comes down to how badly you want to do it. Do you LOVE the car? Have you undertaken a project like this before? Personally, I think it's quite unique but I'm from Miami and I love verts. It's a decision you'll likely make with your heart and not your head. It'll be a hellava costly, frustrating adventure but you may, just may be glad you did it!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Agree w @Ohmess - swapping in a full interior from another wrecked/rusted coupe would probably be the easiest, most direct and potentially more affordable approach. A good portion of E9s need their chassis restored so the same holds true here. I believe Spain has a much lower hourly rate for knowledgeable body shops and Portugal is next door so it comes down to how badly you want to do it. Do you LOVE the car? Have you undertaken a project like this before? Personally, I think it's quite unique but I'm from Miami and I love verts. It's a decision you'll likely make with your heart and not your head. It'll be a hellava costly, frustrating adventure but you may, just may be glad you did it!

Yes, a complete interior swap would be the way to go. And this is no ordinary convertible; you would need to rig up a way to remove the hardtop (and store it) every time you want to drive in the sun. Perhaps the reason it is missing is that the owner took it off and never put it back on.

That said, with the rust, the lack of a roof, the interior and likely electrical stuff, I would consider swapping the drivetrain and Hartge stuff into another coupe.