BMW takes the sweep at Lime Rock 2011!

duane_sword

Reaction score
This Labor Day weekend included the fabulous Vintage Racing festival at Lime Rock Park in CT.

The Sunday in the Park Concours had over 550 registered entrants in 19 different classes.

In Class #15 "Speed with Style" from cars from 1970 through 1985 we had 20 entrants including three 3.0CS' and a 2002 turbo. A couple of Corvettes, a Ferrari Daytona, a Ferrari 412 GT, a couple of DeTomaso Panteras, a Lotus Esprit, Porsche 911SC, a Ferrari 348 (butchered with all kinds of add-on spoilers and gross extra badges... not a worthy owner).

Congratulations to Chuck and his Agave CS!!! Winner for 2011 and flying the E9 flag proudly!

p.s the judge for our category was none other than Wayne Carini (host of the Chasing Classic Cars tv series and owner of F40 Motorsports)

Photos via this link.

https://picasaweb.google.com/sword....&authkey=Gv1sRgCKTDpe3Ly4eUQw&feat=directlink

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very impressive - especially considering the competiton. Good for the coupe's reputation too.

TodB

Reaction score
class 14

The Muira should have won class 14. Hands down. Amazing interior. Of course, the pop up lights were stuck up! :-D

Resto had been completed 2 days prior. Stunning car.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Its always a pleasure and privilege to spend Labor Day Weekend in the company of the "usual suspects", Duane, Len, Michael, Nat, Tod, John, et al....

Though perhaps a lesser volume of cars because of the aftermath of Irene, each class at Limerock Historics has had an increasingly greater collection of fine cars. As I always say, though I come with the one I love...I could easily leave with someone else's...

Though finishing 2nd or 3rd in each of the last 4 years, this was my first Best in Class at this event, and affirmation is certainly not a bad thing...

Most importantly it appears the e9's are gaining popularity in the market and among collectors. Wayne Carini, who judged at this years event, mentioned that he's seeing e9's as a sleeper collector value. While though of us here, have not been asleep on coupe appreciation, it appears that the word is steadily getting out. I personally know of 4 coupes in the pipeline undergoing a Concours level restorations...

This link is a slideshow of pics at LimeRock:http://vimeo.com/28694577