Bmwcca los angeles chapter memorial event for leif anderberg (club founder)

windnsea

Reaction score
As many of you may know, Leif Anderberg passed away earlier this year. We of the BMW Clubs in Los Angeles are going to have a memorial gathering for him at Santa Anita Racetrack - THE DAY AFTER THE VINTAGE BMW RALLYE UP HIGHWAY 33 IN VENTURA COUNTY!!!!!

Irregardles of planning conflicts, we need to have all of you that are available to attend and pay tribute to one of the most influential BMW enthusiasts who ever came to our shores! In fact, Leif and his (earlier departed) wife Fia, were some of the first people to be recognized as "Friends of BMW" by BMW AG.

After your Saturday rally, would you please consider staying overnight in the Pasadena/Arcadia area or (at the least) coming the next day to Santa Anita Racetrack to pay tribute to Leif and his family.

Info is as follows on the next link:

http://www.bmwclubla.org/calendar.php

This will be a BMW Event in Los Angeles to salute a person who has, whether or not you believe it or not, has made an impact on your life (as a BMW owner and enthusiast)!

Gary Hesse

btw, if you would like your car to be on the grass on the infield for this event, please contact me at:

[email protected]

gwittman

Reaction score
I did not know Leif passed away. I knew him many years ago as a member of BMWACA. Sorry to hear off his passing and wish I could attend this memorial gathering. Unfortunately, I have made other non-cancel able plans. He will be in my thoughts though.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Celebration of Leif Anderbergs life--

I remember meeting Leif in about 1973 or '74 at Schneider Motors on West Chapman in Orange--the original hang out spot for Bimmerheads in those days.

I'll join you and others at Santa Anita with BLUMAX and my son Dave for that special event.