Bob Beverly (Transport) - do not use!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Count me in the list of people left empty handed. Bob has had my Getrag G265/5 for 18 months. Supposedly it is in Idaho, who knows. The last time I asked him about it he freaked out on me and said “You think I stole it don’t you”. That was a year ago. So now my answer is Yes, I do think he stole it.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The list is long...
Forum members and friends of members.
Cars parked in the wrong state, wrong city, damaged while parked in storage where they shouldn’t be.
Money taken and work never done. Engines, trannies, bumpers, diffs never delivered/picked up. Car sold 2x without title to different people at the same time. Money borrowed without asking. I believe it’s tens of thousands in losses.
I bought a euro 635csi in 2017 for the engine and diff. I have never seen it - bob claims he stored it at a friends house. That I can’t talk to... who is never home. Year after year.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am on this list. i have sent a demand letter to him ... i am the first of the 2 part conversion. I have given him a chance to avoid legal entanglements which will bring the 2nd buyer into the discussion. get the popcorn out guys ... this isn't going to end well for anybody.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow - that is really too bad. Things change... He took my car down to SFDon about 15 months ago without issue. I see the Cobra link is from issues had back in 2010.... Wow. Guess I was lucky and that it worked out ok for me. I probably should have done more homework back then (but I guess ignorance is bliss - lol).

I know who I will NOT be having take my car back to Seattle after Don's finished with it.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bob brought my engine from Don's shop to Benji's shop in SC and did also bring it down to Atlanta at a later date ... no issues whatsoever with those transactions. it was the buying of the ceylon car that was in Don's shop where the problem lies. i originally chalked it up to a series of unfortunate events and was waiting on the sidelines for it to resolve itself ... up until he sold it to somebody else. i am hopeful that in the near future that i will get my money back ...

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow. I wondered if something was up when he flaked out on getting that dif from me to you.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
A few months ago he called me to ask for money. Said his truck was broken down and needed an engine rebuild. Asked for 10k. I told him no. I didn't want to say anything negative publicly, but now we know. There was money coming in to him for the legitimate work that he has been doing, so where has that money been going? I think we can guess. Maybe not him, but maybe someone close to him and he is funding it.
At the same time, he has picked up and delivered a half dozen trips for me over the years with no problem.
He is such a friendly, nice guy. I referred him to my sister and he has moved cars for her multiple times. So sad.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have referred him to many people ... and he has done jobs for some of those people. i have had good conversations with him in discussions of the ceylon car that was in Don's shop for a while. i gave him some money on the car as an initial payment because he needed some money for some medical care for Deborah (i now wonder if that is true). although there was a tingling feeling that bugged me, i felt it was secure as i was paying for a car. the downside was he didn't have the title and we hadn't complete the deal ... i was waiting for him to get the title so we could. then, i find out on this forum that he sold the car to somebody else and it was going to Bennyz. that was the first time i felt like i had been screwed. Bob has told me that he hadn't received full payment on the ceylon ... but i learned from somebody who spoke to the buyer that he had given Bob the full price and the car was with him.

i have never had a bad or negative word to say about Bob, even while others did. i'm now sitting on the fence waiting to see if i get my money back

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
i gave him some money on the car as an initial payment because he needed some money for some medical care for Deborah (i now wonder if that is true).

I had the same issue. Bob was two weeks late delivering my coupe; said his wife had some kind of dental emergency. I didn’t get my coupe for a month from what I can remember. Considered calling the police at several points. I did use him to deliver an engine to Benji’s shop though and it was delivered without problems.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Bob, I think there must be some kind of problem- I hope he gets it together and settles his accounts, Bob did a job for me once and all was well, but he was unreliable since so I just used other transporters. If anyone needs transport I will be happy to post the information I have from some guys who transport a lot of Shelbys, they come out of Vegas so often swing through Texas and I have gotten some great deals. They also transport in Uber-Cool trucks and the cars they carry inside are over-the-top:)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
he lives in NE tennessee. i learned about him through SFDon + HB Chris. he brought Chris' car from HB to the vintage a couple of years ago (no issues there that i am aware of) and did a lot of work delivering cars too / from Don a couple of years ago. i guess things started going south. my dealings started when i was trying to buy the ceylon coupe in Don's shop for restoration ... and i learned that the Owner had traded it to Bob for some delivery services ... so i started the conversation with him as i wanted an original ceylon coupe.

the guy comes across as a real world guy, down to earth country guy. i have had many great conversations with the guy. he delivered my engine from Don to Benji's shop, then from Benji's to Bdigel's shop.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I found him through Don and the e9 folks in CA. He picked up my car at Peter's warehouse six years ago when I bought it and delivered it to DC; then hauled it back and forth to CA for me a couple of times over the years. I like dealing with him and enjoyed his company. Wayne Killen and I were talking about booking him to haul our cars for another trip next year when I saw this.

Best guess is that he has been running without health insurance and he has been hit with big unexpected medical bills, but who knows.

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Bob, I think there must be some kind of problem- I hope he gets it together and settles his accounts, Bob did a job for me once and all was well, but he was unreliable since so I just used other transporters. If anyone needs transport I will be happy to post the information I have from some guys who transport a lot of Shelbys, they come out of Vegas so often swing through Texas and I have gotten some great deals. They also transport in Uber-Cool trucks and the cars they carry inside are over-the-top:)

Please post info on the alternate transporters, I have a car in TX that I need brought to CO and had Bob lined up to do the job, he brought me another car recently with only a few problems but almost nothing was on schedule.

If anyone else has info on a reliable enclosed trailer transporter please let me know, you can email me at [email protected]. Unable to text due to no cell service at my home. Any help really appreciated.

Last edited: