body tag pictures

Pistonbroke

Reaction score
I have a 1968 2800CS which is nearing completion after a long restoration. The body tag on the R/H inner wing is so corroded and faded that it is illegible. I have a new one ready to stamp on the chassis number but the model type and various weights are printed on the old tag and I can't see what they were. Can some kind soul send me a picture of a tag from a similar model, or tell me the words used to describe the model type and the numbers for the weights next to "ZUL. GES. GEW. Kg" , "ZUL.ACHLAST VORN Kg" and " HINT Kg" as they appaer on the tag.

pmansson

Reaction score
VIN plate

the 2 weight limitations should read 900kg each, I beleive.
What VIN do you have on it?
Mine was built on Jan 24th, 1969 and has 2200658 which is a bit odd, as they surely hadn´t built 657 from Dec 1st to Christmas...
Munich explains it as odd numbering sequences...

Pistonbroke

Reaction score
body tag

Those weights make sense because I think the "vorn" and "hint" means front and rear. So they are max axle weights??
That leaves the "type" description and the "Zul Ges. " weight ,which must mean either tare weight or total permitted weight. Maybe someone else can help this along.
My VIN is 2200847 and the car was registered in South Africa as a 1968 model!! Who knows?!?