Bodywork?

Mattiee7

Reaction score
What sort of bodywork should I expect?

Mine has small ripples on the panels would you expect this on a 1970s car ?

Now its been flattened and polished it shows more because of the extra shine...

Think I am being ultra critical and comparing it to new cars.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Mattie, what Andrew said regarding rust however I feel your pain. I took my car down to bare metal myself and delivered it to the paint shop. There were a few holes from where the various bodyshops had pulled out dents but those were welded up and ground down etc. The finish on my car is near perfect however in the right light you can see that the panels are not perfectly flat and that is bothersome even though I know there is the slightest skinning of filler on there. A restorer like VSR would not deliver a car like that but even a quality body shop that is not familiar with these cars would find it near impossible to get the flats and the curves perfect. I find the biggest issues on these cars is the area between the rear of the door and the rear fender lip. After I finish tearing mine down again to replace most of the mechanicals and dash I may have the lower half redone because we are all "to critical" when it comes to these baby's. :)

Mattiee7

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Looks fantastic and turns more heads than my 2014 911.

So I am calm but dont know what should be expected..

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Looks fantastic and turns more heads than my 2014 911.

So I am calm but dont know what should be expected..

"Waves" or body work that wasn't done quite well enough drives me nuts, but not enough to have it redone (yet). :cool: I buy cars for the company I work for, probably 800+ in the last year, so my eye is tuned to spot previous repairs and things that don't fit quite right. I can't walk by a car without noticing stuff all the time..... baaaaah!

Dan

Mattiee7

Reaction score
Cant complain too much.

Can have a 5k spray job when the cars worth 100k

Attachments

• IMG_2225 (2).jpg
    IMG_2225 (2).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2246.jpg
    IMG_2246.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 113