brake MC rubber grommets?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all,
As I am re-assembling my brake MC, I am reminded that the rubber grommets where the lines from the reservoir enter the MC are in need of replacement. The rebuild kit does not include these. Before I try soaking them in a solution of wintergreen oil and alcohol, I am hoping they are available new somewhere. Anyone know if they are available, and if so, where? There were two sizes of these, depending on what master cylinder you have (there was probably only one size for an e9 MC, but other, similar units had the smaller grommets). I need the larger size. Thank you in advance.
20201118-MC res grommet 1.jpg
20201118-MC res grommet 2.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ordered.
I don't want to admit how long I looked on W&N before posting the question. :oops:
And not having a part number, I didn't try the interweb...
Thank you!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Remember to put the pipettes into each grommet before you install them into the MC, and a little brake fluid helps as a lube. They are much more difficult to get in than out.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you for that tip. I'll probably use the Ate assembly lube that I have been using. The thinnest application does wonders, and appears to keep the fresh metal free of any corrosion, which I'll need as these will be on the shelf for a while.
Remember to put the pipettes into each grommet before you install them into the MC