Brass expansion tank

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did these run thru 74 on all E9's? Multiple theories on replacement, soldered joints leaking, brackets cracking off. Great look but I am debating swapping plastic for brass. The brass tank on my E3 has been repaired twice...a leak and a bracket.

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did these run thru 74 on all E9's? Multiple theories on replacement, soldered joints leaking, brackets cracking off. Great look but I am debating swapping plastic for brass. The brass tank on my E3 has been repaired twice...a leak and a bracket.

Rob,
i have a practically new plastic one from W/N....used for a few weeks. Pics on request. I’m sending a box to the US, space available.

Keshav

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Keshav, thanks for the offer, my statements may have mislead. My Bav tank is fine as I have a neighbor who does copper and brass restoration and can solder bananas to glass, that's how good he is. He repaired my tank. I believe my E9 tank was once brass and now plastic, so debating swapping back which got me thinking why brass tanks would have been replaced.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rob,
Probabaly/ surely replaced for the same reason as yours....they tend to leak and before one goes thru the hassle of getting them fixed and repainted, the plastic ‘bottles’ are a easy fix (and don’t spring leaks).