breaking into the trunk?

cookbw

Reaction score
i just had my trunk lock repaired, it wasn't turning with the key before so the trunk was just always left unlocked. so i put the lock back on the car and then, like an idiot, i just closed the trunk without checking that the push-button mechanism would actually press the latch properly. well, of course, it wasn't hitting the latch properly and now the trunk won't open.

now i'm stuck!! it appears now the only way to get the trunk open is to drill out the lock...unless there is some way to break into the trunk. i haven't been able to find any way to get into the trunk. anyone have ideas on what else i could do besides drill-out & destroy the lock?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think the gas filler door is another option. You can push the boot inwards and get a screwdriver on the filler hose at the tank and remove the hose. At least you would have the right angle to see the lock and use a long tool/stick to reach it.

cookbw

Reaction score
wow thanks for the input! glad to know i'm not the only one fumbling around making stupid mistakes. i'll definitely try the gas filler door. i don't have a fog light after all. here's a pic of the trunk - there are no good holes to get into the trunk thru the back.

Attachments

• pic 078.jpg
    pic 078.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 97

cookbw

Reaction score
wow thanks for the input! glad to know i'm not the only one fumbling around making stupid mistakes. i'll definitely try the gas filler door. i don't have a fog light after all. here's a pic of the trunk - there are no good holes to get into the trunk thru the back.

Attachments

• pic 078.jpg
    pic 078.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 94