Breaking Rules.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Members;
I have received many heart warming messages fro so many members,something that really makes me feel so ghad that I am a member of this wonderful forum.
Today I was notified by a member that I am breakng rule # two by not listing prices,and for that am very sorry. Most of the items that I list are items that are owned by people that I have been in contact for ears,and in most cases do not want to sell to just anyone. Many times I have asked if it is ok to give their contact information to others and many would rather I did not. Many of my contacts are older and lika myself in bad health. Many of them call me just to talk about the old days and their cars. I have been offered many cars just because of the relationship we have made by phone calls and emails. The service I have provided is a hobby in which I have in many cases spent hours with the seller to buy a part that a member needs and in many cases sold at a loss. I recently sold a part to a member and because I underestimated the shipping cost it cost me an extra $13. I in almost every tem have found for members,shipped the part to the buyer with the understanding that ifthey are satisfied with the part they can send me a check. I have had very little problems with getting paid except for one member who never sent the $50 for a part that my son had from a previous car. In that case I did not have to pay for the part.
I have helped many local BMW owners,people I never met,with parts for their cars/ I recently met a women at the gas pumps ,who was driving an E30 Convertible in fair condition that she had recently purchased locally. I noticed that she was missing the front valance and lip. As I usualy do.I syarted a conversation with her,and by the time I left I promised her that I would find the parts for her. I immediately started the search. By the following week I had,after 40 or 50 calls and hours on the computer I found what she needed about 60 miles away. I made an appointment,drove about an hour and a half to a town I had never been and purchased the parts and the return trip turned out to be a three hour ride due to commuter traffic. I than called for the color info and went and bought primer and paint to match. Mind you that I have not asked for any money. A few days later I took the parts and paint to the buyer's house and even though they were not home I opened the trunk lid nto see if they were missng tools. Of course aqll of them were missing. I went back home and found all the tools they needed nand filled the tool tray. The following day I received a text asking what they owed me for the parts. My cost was $125 for the parts and $10 for gas and at that time I told them that I had put something in the tool tray at no cost. Later I received a nice text. That is what I like to do. I am on Social Security and having trouble making ends meet but I like doing things for people as long as the cost is small.
I have enjoyed the past 15 or so years spending many hours on the forum and I regret to say that I will no longer be Posting on the forum. I will continue helping members find the parts they need and I will give my contact info to reach me for their needs. My email is [email protected]
My phone number is 508-277-8698. If I do not immediately reply it coulkd be due to a stay in the hospital.
Thank You All
It has been a pleasure.
Koopman
Harry Malkasian

wmnewlife

Reaction score
Harry You are the embodiment of the spirit of this cadre. I was blessed to have known Murray and visited him to see his Blue Max. You carry the torch created by him well. You will be in my prayers for a recovery from your illness. Walter Miller

steve in reno

Reaction score
Since Harry has brought this to the public forum from a PM.
I am the forum member that called him out.

I did call him out on the rules for sale. Location, price, pics

Mainly I called him out on double posting over/on my "for sale" items.(several)
If you have something for sale...post it. or a link. Post pics and answer questions...and price your part!
Don't post over another members ad. It is rude.

There it is....done

steve in reno

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Harry,

I have only been a member of this forum for a bit over a year, having acquired my e9 in May 2015 (35 years after selling the last one). But, I have observed your helpfulness to so many members (including me) over that short period of time. I regret not having been here longer to have the benefit of your long term membership and service. My best wishes and prayers will be with you as you face the uncertainty of the near future.

THANK YOU for all you have done for others. Your service IS appreciated by many.

Last edited:

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Henry,

I have only been a member of this forum for a bit over a year, having acquired my e9 in May 2015 (35 years after selling the last one). But, I have observed your helpfulness to so many members (including me) over that short period of time. I regret not having been here longer to have the benefit of your long term membership and service. My best wishes and prayers will be with you as you face the uncertainty of the near future.

THANK YOU for all you have done for others. Your service IS appreciated by many.
Thank you so much for the kind and warm words.
Harry

viphoto

Reaction score
Henry,

I have only been a member of this forum for a bit over a year, having acquired my e9 in.... and service. My best wishes and prayers will be with you as you face the uncertainty of the near future.

+1 My situation is similar to Gary's in having acquired my car in the past year and I echo his sentiments. I have to wonder is there is a way for you to continue contributing your wisdom and "Parts finds" here on the forum. Perhaps the administrator or the other forum members can come up with something that will work. Lets have a vote... this is one vote I could get behind ....not so much the one in a mere 80 days :eek:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Year after year same thing.

Broken record.

This is not a auction site.

Set a price.

Harry is a great guy.

Set a price

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
+1 My situation is similar to Gary's in having acquired my car in the past year and I echo his sentiments. I have to wonder is there is a way for you to continue contributing your wisdom and "Parts finds" here on the forum. Perhaps the administrator or the other forum members can come up with something that will work. Lets have a vote... this is one vote I could get behind ....not so much the one in a mere 80 days :eek:
Thank you so much for your support.
Koopman

jabloomf1230

Reaction score
Does anyone really think that stating $X OBO is any different than an "auction"? I empathize with Koopman as in the past I have listed E9 parts that way and essentially after talking with the buyer, given them away for just the shipping costs. Why? Many of the parts were in a condition where I couldn't honestly determine a fair market value. Some had been stored for 15 to 20 years. Others would be considered junk if not for the fact that some E9 parts are NLA. This price rule always elicits responses far out of proportion to its actual importance.