Broken Shifter Platform Mount

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
A few days ago my shifter became very loose and sloppy, pretty much feeling like it was going to drop on the pavement.

I crawled under the car and found that the shifter mount was no longer attached to the transmission. The shift tower mounts are solid and secure but the right mounting point has broken off the transmission

(The attached picture shows where the casting has broken off, not my actual transmission)

Has anyone seen this before?

Short of dropping the transmission and welding in some kind of mounting point, is there any other solution. Like some kind of repair kit?

I've also come across some kind of mounting plate that secures the front of the shifter platform, but I think that is limited to the 5 speed conversion. Can this, in fact be usedfor the 4 speed and as a solution to my problem?

Any ideas and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• ShifterMountingBreak.jpg
    ShifterMountingBreak.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 101

Wladek

Reaction score
Probably broke with a bolt, on my donor getrag i have same way broken mount - i was thinking of drilling the hole slightly futher on the case, then tap both while together (broken part & case), use longer bolt & then tig weld.