EuroE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you @Luis A. ….

It seems to be an open circuit.

These are the pictures with the result of the test:

View attachment 145904View attachment 145906
View attachment 145905

Now what should I do? What could I try new?..

Thank you for Al your help guys

Regards
Sorry, the pictures are these:

E48E2746-E34B-4F2F-ACB2-4BC5D40BBBF2.jpeg
C62A875F-A368-49AA-8DD5-F0F099E5CA61.jpeg
C2AFCC85-1867-4CCD-8995-88B1F8D2E47C.jpeg

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is the alternator case connected to ground? Measure resistance between alternator case and ground pole at the pole at the battery. Is it zero?

EuroE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
From what I see and understand , the alternator has two grounds, one is the ground connection through the brown cable that connects to the voltage control module, apart from being obviously bolted to the engine, which has its own ground connection through the flat ground cable on the part of the engine boot engine and firewall.

But if your question is, if the alternator has a direct (chassis) ground connection apart from the above, I would say no.

In the images that I show you, I connect the ground pole of the battery to the pole of the fat red cable that reaches the alternator, but I have not tested from the battery pole to the alternator casing, but you do not think, that when in contact the Alternator pole to casing should give the same resistance reading (Ohms)?

EuroE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
This ground connection through the brown cable that connects the alternator to the voltage control module is the one that melts when trying to start de car....

EuroE9

Site Donor
Reaction score

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes that's it. If you buy that all your problems will likely be over. Because it's either the alternator or the regulator that's bad...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
or you can do what MikeG did:

EuroE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all friends....

To end the topic and close the story, let me inform you that I solved the burnt cable from the alternator to the voltage control.

I know that many of you warned me, but I took something for granted that I shouldn't have done..... I recently changed the clutch, and guess what the mechanic forgot to connect from the firewall to the clutch bell? ..... The ground.... For God's sake... I assumed that engine ground to the firewall was connected (WRONG).

After reconnecting the ground, the cable stopped melting and the car started.

The problem is that it seems that coincided, an electrical problem with the death of the fuel pump and initially it was difficult to understand that the car did not start for different reasons.

Thank you very much to everyone once again for helping me to locate the problem, specifically to @deQuincey , who dedicated hours of calls and messages to solve the problem.

Imagine the look on my face when I finally saw that the ground cable was disconnected....