Buying parts from ebay Germany

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi all -- What do people do when a German ebay seller does not ship to the USA?

I may be able to get my niece to help; her husband is on a two year job rotation in Germany and they just moved there. That said, she doesn't know the ropes, and neither do I.

Do I purchase parts, have them shipped to her and have her forward the parts to me (using my fedex account)? Or is it preferable for her to be the buyer?

EggUK

Reaction score

I may be able to get my niece to help; her husband is on a two year job rotation in Germany and they just moved there. That said, she doesn't know the ropes, and neither do I.

Do I purchase parts, have them shipped to her and have her forward the parts to me (using my fedex account)? Or is it preferable for her to be the buyer?

Although not in the US, I've bought numerous items from eBay.de, from users who quite often state delivery only to Germany. I just message and ask, 9/10 times they are willing and I've gotten a bargain. My most recent purchase being 2 rear seats from a CSL matching the front Scheels.

Language has never really been a barrier, most germans in my experience know far more english than I do german. :D

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
+1 use google translate to send a request to ship to usa in both german and english and what the shipping cost would be. Pm me and i will send you my standard 2 language request iff youd like.

Mist of the time they will ship to usa especially if they accept paypal

Although not in the US, I've bought numerous items from eBay.de, from users who quite often state delivery only to Germany. I just message and ask, 9/10 times they are willing and I've gotten a bargain. My most recent purchase being 2 rear seats from a CSL matching the front Scheels.

Language has never really been a barrier, most germans in my experience know far more english than I do german. :D

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have tried this, with four different auctions and have received only one reply. Did you use the "ask seller a question" function or contact them another way?

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have tried this, with four different auctions and have received only one reply. Did you use the "ask seller a question" function or contact them another way?

I have had zero luck. Here are a few examples of the responses Ive received from Germany sellers:

Dear David,

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- auto-polsterer

Dear David,

Nein!

- schnitzer1971

While there are many small freight forwarders to help European buyers buy in the US, I could find none that would help USA buyers buy in Germany.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

I have abused Orangener's help when he got me a beautiful NOS carburetor for an E12. He did the bidding for me.
I was afraid it would arrive painted orange, but he did a great job.

I would only resort to such favors if the item is really NLA in the US or the sky is falling.

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
I have had zero luck. Here are a few examples of the responses Ive received from Germany sellers:

Dear David,

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- auto-polsterer

Dear David,

Nein!

- schnitzer1971

While there are many small freight forwarders to help European buyers buy in the US, I could find none that would help USA buyers buy in Germany.

Wow. I've been buying on ebay for 8 years and have never had an issue with a german seller refusing to ship and a good number of the folks that i bought from listed their items for domestic market only (non US). I'd say that when it comes to BMW stuff, probably 70% of my purchases have come from there. There have been a few times that i've offered a bit extra for shipping right upfront to help offset the hassle and perceived risk. Might be worth trying...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, and I write in German first for courtesy followed by an English translation, most of the time I get a reply in English.