CAD Data for E9 engine bay?

brammo

Reaction score
I know I am reaching way out on a limb, but I have a crazy project in mind for an E9 couple. I tend to do everything in solidworks and wondering if anyone has cad data or taken all the major dimensions of the engine bay of a coupe?

I know, if I had one I could do it myself, but I want to do feasibility of this project before buying one that is incomplete or a shell or a complete car and yanking the engine/trans.

This one was close: http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/preview.aspx?modelcode=42325

Speaking of, I am at least interested in a great shell and interior, ideally a project that would allow me to try my drivetrain project if this little feasibility story pans out.

Ideas? Boo's? thanks

Craig

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I whipped up some very basic pictures and the like for a prototype supercharger package a few years back, but I was more concerned with the dimensions of the M30, not the engine bay. I did take some engine bay pictures with visual markers (measuring tape) so it should be workable for a basic idea. PM me your email and I can send you the pictures.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Craig,

not to throw water on your fire, but the good shell and interior is the expensive part. your best bet is to find a decent, relatively rust free car in the mid teen dollar range that needs some work. it might take you a while to find ... but its possible. one of the guys here in atlanta bought an auto 2800cs and is currently upgrading the engine, brakes and tranny w/ swaps.

keep us posted on your progress and plans ...
cheers

scott