Donny HSCC 011.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Donny HSCC 041.jpg
    Donny HSCC 041.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 139

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is this the same one that was offered in Australia a year or two ago? Don't remember if that was a left hand drive, but it looks nicely done. Would not 2285359 be a right hand chassis?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
My dream would have that race car body kit on, but have the inside totally stock and comfortable. Anyone ever do that?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My dream would have that race car body kit on, but have the inside totally stock and comfortable. Anyone ever do that?

BMWPete's CSL Rally car is like that. Flared and tuned but looks stock inside.

I know of a CSi project that would be perfect for building a street legal group 4 flared car with stock dash and accoutrements.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
image.jpeg
My friend/ mechanic who looks after my CSL, is building this exact car for a client, 3.6 ltr engine, 48's webers, approx 340hp and stock interior with German TÛV and street legal, exactly this same car, in Inka orange too Complete stock interior/ scheel seats, standard dash board etc.
The mechanic also built an 1:1 copy of the Grosser CSL but only for the track, 2 years ago. With KF INJECTION, dry sumpf, hydro lick jacks,
Here is one shot of the underneath. Most incredible.
The green pic is the ALPINA Grosser CSL, and the Inka is what's being made now. Ready in a month.

image.jpeg

Honolulu

Reaction score
interesting shots of the green car, and about as close as I'll ever get. But tell me, 'cuz I are engineer and wonder about such things...

1 - is is normal practice to tie the sway bars to the middle of the low suspension arm? I'd think that puts quite some bending stress on the arm in turns or bumps.

2 - won't the injectors get fried, sitting right over the exhaust manifold with no heat protection whatsoever? I see the frame below the injectors and the firewall have some protection, or maybe that's just silver duct tape.

3 - don't the air ducts to the brake rotors go "all the way there" or at least to a vented shroud?

4 - no strut bar? are the rest of us who pay good money for such things, doing something wrong?

or maybe this is all "as original" and the original didn't do any of that.

frogisland

Reaction score
Do you know where the ARB came from? I've not been able to source a rear chassis mounted type.

If the car is built to the FIA Homologation/Appendix K, which it certainly looks like it is, strut brace not allowed.