Calendar Car Details

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
First off, I want to say that I'm honored to have my car be Ms August. I've owned cool cars in my life, but none that I've ever been proud to show off, so this is a first for me.

My buddy is an excellent photographer, and when I bought my Coupe back in Nov 2013 he and I talked about shooting a bunch of shots of it, but we never got around to it. Finally in August I had a week off of work, as I was supposed to race some motorcycles at Bonneville Speed Week, but it was rained out, so I came home.

I called him up, and we stopped by a little park in Palo Alto during the golden hour of light, and he shot a few hundred pictures, and posted the best ones to his Flickr stream.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/teal_hushypushy/with/14930926282/

My car is a nice 10 footer, and he made it look like a million bucks. The shot that was selected for August is amazing, and I had it printed on a sheet of aluminum. After she saw it in person, I convinced my lady to allow me to hang a picture of my car in the front room. It's art, it just happens to be art that involves my car. :mrgreen:

in the valley by hushypushy, on Flickr

BMW's official classic Facebook page was kind enough to share one of the shots of my Coupe out of that set as well. It's been a blast owning something worthy of sharing.

I really like the composition of this picture. I'm thinking that if I seek to enter Annabelle in next year's beauty contest, I am going to need to find a good photographer to assist me.

shanon

Reaction score
Miss July

Just got back from holiday and got my calendars, they look great! Thanks Andrew.
Honored to have been included.

Story of the pic:

A great afternoon out on Northern California's Thunderhill racetrack. It was a day on the brand new 5.5 mile 'Big Track' (tarmac was 5 days old) configuration with the regional Lotus club and fellow board member sreams in his Volvo P1800. It was my car's first track outing and it felt great being back out on track (Track = Crack). We had a blast in our vintage iron harassing the new metal and carbon fiber. ;-)

Pic taken by Gotblumilk.com motorsports photography.

Car: Highly mod'd 1970 2800cs (Euro model - Vienna delivery). Originally Polaris, repainted Ceylon at some point in its mysterious history, I painted it Black and Arizona ;)

Keep Coupin!

shanon

Reaction score
At time of painting, we took the only 'Colorado' color/paint reference we had at the time (in 2004, a nice 2002 scale model/toy) in for color match. Later discovered when I parked next to a nice original paint, Colorado car that my color has a bit more yellow in it.

So with more 'sunshine' in it, its just a bit south of Colorado, hence 'Arizona' ;-)

Fstede1

Reaction score
Andrew returned to my office today and to my delight my calendar was there.
Thanks for all of your time and effort.
Your work is wonderfull.
Thanks

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

Just got my calendar today, well done, what a great job you did

Thanks you for all your effort in choosing the pictures, they look so much better in the flesh.

Pete