Calling Bert35csi

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Bert:

Do you have a picture of your engine from the reverse side of the link without the airfilter assembly? It would help me with some planning on the FEI conversion. I'm looking at where and how to run the crankcase vent hose which seems to point pretty close to the TB and possibly interfere with the throttle linkage.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee229/m6csi/P1010271-1.jpg

ThrottleBody.jpg

Thanks

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry, at the moment, I only have this camera phone pic with the air filter/AFM assembly.

IMG_0091_edited-1.jpg

My throttle body setup is almost identical to yours so I don't foresee any interference problem, but it'll be a tight fit. You'll need the right angle vent hose (part #1) in the diagram to connect the valve cover opening to the throttle body. http://www.bmwmobiletradition-onlin...el=5233&mospid=47204&btnr=11_0229&hg=11&fg=15
4270285255_9a466ac13f_o.png

Last edited:

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thanks Bert. I'm dry fitting the intake and TB and haven't tried the throttle linkage but it looked like it was conflicted. The 3.5l head cover (11121278999) is a different part number than the 528i or the CS (11121276593) so I wasn't sure if there was some subtle difference in vent location. They both show the same right angle pipe so should work.

Doug

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Have you changed the TB linkage point on the plate mounted at the lower end? The one that pivots on the side of the engine block and is connected to the pedal linkage. There is a different hole for the FI vs the Carb systems (when used with the log style intake).

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Sven:

No, I have not changed the linkage and didn't realize there was a different pivot point. I'll remember that. I'm going to post an update on the limited progress to date.

Where does the time go?

Thanks