Calling Malc - re hydraulic servo conversion

gazzol

Reaction score
Malc need your help if you could please. I need to know which way round the pipes go on the valve block for the hydraulic servo conversion. The schematic you sent me was helpful but after looking at the valve block today I realised that the pipes are flared differently I guess this is to stop them being connected up the wrong way round. Soto simplify matters what I'd like to know is this. As you look at the valve block there are two pipes on one side, one of them is the hydaulic feed to the servo where does the other one go to, the pump or the steering box? Your help in this matter would be appreciated very much as this is now holding me up.
Many many thanks in advance.

gazzol

Malc

Reaction score
Assuming you mean the hose fittings to the black pressure "bomb"

1.. High pressure Input feed direct from the PS pump
2.. High pressure feed to the servo
3.. High pressure feed to the Power steering box.

They all have different sized fittings (on mine) so you should not be able to mix them up.
Depending on what you have in terms of hoses you might have to get a new hose from the "bomb" to the steering box made up.

If you haven't a source use an agricultural supplier or company such as Hydrosun or any Hydraulics company, they should be able to make up a bespoke hose or hoses for you.

I am currently away for work, but if your still stuck let me know and I could take some pictures of the set up for you

HTH
Malc

gazzol

Reaction score
Hi Malc,
I bought the system via a breaker on Ebay and unfortunetly they cut all the hoses except the one which goes to the servo from the bomb. I have had all the hoses made by using comression fittings placed onto the metal tube part of what remained of the hoses that were sent up with the unit, these have been made in such a way that should the pipes get mixed up I can swap them over. The problem I have is that should I have them the wrong way round I don't know what damage may be done and I'd rather not learn the hard way.
As I said in my last post I know the position of the feed for the servo from the bomb its the other two I'm not sure about

Malc

Reaction score
Ok,
I just got home from work (Monday 19th) if you give me a day or so I can take pictues and sort stuff
Let me know if that's ok
Cheers
Malc

PS I could also improve my spelling, but I have been working nights!