Canadian E9 Owner

DavidE9

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Longtime BMW enthusiast. Owned serval 2002's but only recently got my hands on a solid E9. Its a 1973 3.0cs. Originally delivered to Switzerland. Then imported to California and unfortunately federalised. However it still retains the km/h Speedo and Deutsch Air control text. Has Scheel seats that look to be factory. Interesting car that I am hoping someone on the forum might recognise. It spent most of its time in California and its quite solid. Anyway, I am too excited not to share so here are some pictures.
pOgssJ8h.jpg

Kn95Wtxh.jpg

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Are you ClassDavid from the FAQ? I was amazed that you sold the Polaris '02 after all of that wonderful welding and bodywork.

Anyway DavidE9, I hope you enjoy that ride!

I just took my first "street legal" drive in my E9 today, having successfully passed the very tough Swiss importation/registration inspection.

Swiss 2002Tii

DavidE9

Reaction score
Are you ClassDavid from the FAQ? I was amazed that you sold the Polaris '02 after all of that wonderful welding and bodywork.

Anyway DavidE9, I hope you enjoy that ride!

I just took my first "street legal" drive in my E9 today, having successfully passed the very tough Swiss importation/registration inspection.

Swiss 2002Tii

Yes! That is me! Sold it to pick up this E9 actually. Is there a way to track a vin through Swiss Registration? This E9 still has a Swiss tag in the engine bay as well.

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Is there a way to track a vin through Swiss Registration? This E9 still has a Swiss tag in the engine bay as well.
I talked to the Strassenvehrkehrsamt (MFK). They said it might be possible. Send or post the VIN, and I'll try. The MFK is just meters from my office.

Last edited: