Carby Manifolds

K D

Reaction score
Hi
Is there anyone out there who has a serviceable pair of carburetor inlet manifolds to suit the E9. Sydney Australia would be preferred but anyone prepaired to freight to Aus. I assume the E3 and maybe the E12 6 cyl are suitable. (please don,t take the latter as known).

K D

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I know someone with a set. He is a member and I shit him a PM. Thanks!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And that folks is a lovely way to start the morning off having somebody shit you a message - thank you Markos , I'll get right on that!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for coming forward Don. I really didn't mean to shit on you!

Don has put more carbs to their death than any other member. It's like the logging industry. For every tree you cut down you need to plant a sapling. Those carb manifolds need to save a coupe! :D

K D

Reaction score
Thanks Markos and autowerks. This isn,t urgent (I know I,ll get a bagging) but I am over the triple Webers and would like under the bonnet to look a bit more original. I am even replacing the 3.5 engine with the original numbered engine.
A 2800 bored & stroked to 3.3. I hope to get 2 new down draft webers.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Markos and autowerks. This isn,t urgent (I know I,ll get a bagging) but I am over the triple Webers and would like under the bonnet to look a bit more original. I am even replacing the 3.5 engine with the original numbered engine.
A 2800 bored & stroked to 3.3. I hope to get 2 new down draft webers.

No problem. I would like to learn more about your proposed engine. Have you actually spoken with a builder? It is my understanding that you can't bore the 2800 because you will quickly hit the water jackets. You can't stroke it because the block doesn't have the recesses in it for the crankshaft counterweights. I know of at least one member that is working on a 3.3 stroker for his 2.8 and it hasn't been your typical job.

He's a member. Perhaps he can chime in with an update.
Joe the machinist has ground the relief areas into the block

We are trying to figure out how to measure how deep they need to go

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am stroking a 3 L, not a 2800
The machinist is grinding out the recesses to match (more or less) the 3.5
The reason I am doing that is to keep the matching number block
What I probably should have done is just used a 3.5 and keep the original block
The problem is, grind, machine wash the block, touch up the block paint, repeat

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am stroking a 3 L, not a 2800
The machinist is grinding out the recesses to match (more or less) the 3.5
The reason I am doing that is to keep the matching number block
What I probably should have done is just used a 3.5 and keep the original block
The problem is, grind, machine wash the block, touch up the block paint, repeat

Well you were the guy I was referring to as you know. I talked to Carl Nelson at La Jolla after locating a 3.3Li crank but the outlook for major 2.8 engine mods are bleak. He doesn't seem to have much love for that motor.

The good news is that my euro 2800CS is only a few HO off from a US 3.0 CS, and I have already sourced go fast bits. None of this is a priority for me but it makes for interesting conversation.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just curious what these are worth. I just recently sold a complete set of original Zeniths with the manifold and it is always hard to determine what is a reasonable price. I sold all that for $250 shipped. We almost need a section to establish a trend on prices to make it easier and fairer to sell items....

Mike Goble

Reaction score
I got these for $5 last February.

p.jpg

Complete Carburetor Intake System BMW 3.0 2800 CS Bavaria 69-74
( 292019858157 )

Add note
ITEM PRICE:
US $5.00

K D

Reaction score
Hi Mark99

Careful with the 3.0 block. I bored one to fit the 3.5litre pistons. It ran perfectly when I started it set up on the workshop floor before putting it in the car(with radiator & coolant). Next dayI took all the plugs out to do a compression test and watch a jet of water shoot out of the plug holes right across the workshop. it had terriffic compression but the boring had gone through the cylinder wall.
Next got a 3.5 L block.

K D

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi KD,
I have no plans to bore it out, other than to fit the new pistons
Just putting the longer stroke crank

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got these for $5 last February.

Complete Carburetor Intake System BMW 3.0 2800 CS Bavaria 69-74
( 292019858157 )

Add note
ITEM PRICE:
US $5.00

Ok so have have received items for free but that does not indicate what a normal price should be right.... Will you sell that to me for $5? Or tell you what, I'll offer you $10 and you can double your money :) If you seriously want to sell the filter housing though let me know.