carpet forensics...

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Couldn't resist, e9coupe carpet forensics, or 3.0csi...Like a big, somewhat familiar puzzle.
I have a set of original carpet that I obtained from a grab bag of carpet pieces, all brown/dk brown, and I am trying to (in an admittedly lazy fashion..) figure out if some is e9 and some is e3...I can identify some easily as e9, but others I am guessing are e3. I don't have an e3 but can only guess that some pieces are pretty similar (maybe this whole set is e3...). So before I get out the scrub brush and tweek my back, does anyone have a photo of the entire e3 set laid out on a driveway, etc?
Also, it seems like I remember someone was going to digitize/had set of patterns for an e9 full carpet set?...a copy of that would be outstanding...anyone?
thanks,
Dave V. in NC

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello Dave.... What are the odds, I just PM'd you about carpets but here is the pic for the purpose of this thread. Every piece from an E9 and I think I have the positions right except maybe a couple pieces. This is from a 1973 just for the record.

Attachments

• BMW Carpet-a.jpg
    BMW Carpet-a.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 99

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey Roland, that's great! ...just what I need to save trips back and forth matching 6 L and R to 6 L and R...Much appreciated. Grab bag set looks to also be e9 with some extra pieces just to test me...
Thanks, Dave V.