Cars and Coffee

Bill King

Reaction score
I have never been to a Cars and Coffee before. Does anyone know if they will have one this Sat (12-28-13)? What are some tips about the event?

johnl

Reaction score
I have never been to a Cars and Coffee before. Does anyone know if they will have one this Sat (12-28-13)? What are some tips about the event?

The event will happen this weekend and typically it is crowded around the Holidays. If you are bringing a vehicle I'd suggest be there no later than 7am for a good parking spot.

Should you just come to see the cars there is a separate parking location and you can arrive later. Usually cars are leaving by 8am and it is pretty well over by 9 to 9:30.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do you mean the one at Taci Bell in Irvine?

Ill be there at 6:30 am to seek out other e9 owners. It's where I first met Murray, Paul Cain, HBChris, Ben Thongsai, and many other BMW celebrities. People tend NOT to hang out next to their car for very long so go early so you can meet the BMW guys as they arrive.

John Feng

PS: HBChris, I'm starting my B35 swap and would be interested in chatting about your engine project if you will be there this Sat.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
John and Bill,

I will be there, look forward to seeing both of you. I'm there by 6:15, the earlier the better. Will have coupe or maybe the NK, I will PM my phone number so you can find me. Mike, by all means bring the e3.

Chris

windnsea

Reaction score
I'll get an early start from Pasadena and bring my E34 M5. The E3 Alpina still sits dormant in the garage!

Gary Hesse

jmackro

Reaction score
Do you think they'd shunt my blue-plate Bavaria off to the spectator parking?

Oh no way - Cars & Coffee is NOT about Lamborghinis and other "gold chain" cars. And, you wouldn't believe how many 2012 Mustangs sneak in! The key, as Chris pointed out, is to get there early. Especially this coming Saturday, the Saturday before Monterey weekend, etc.

Are you seriously coming down from Fairfield?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I parked right next to Bill's amazing Sahara coupe, owned by one family from new, 65K original miles, it is very, very nice and extremely clean and original.

John Feng showed up from Mass. as well as Mike Goble, Gary Hesse, Gary Collins from Escondido, Steve P, David from Encinitas, along with the usual suspects Jay Mackro, Fred Larimer, a new e3 owner Drew, a great morning in Irvine for all and so nice to see owners who aren't able to join us very often.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you ever want to see what a perfect engine bay looks like, get a photo of Chris' coupe. Amazing, if not a little bit depressing when comparing it to mine.

Nice to meet you all today.

-David

Bill King

Reaction score
Great Time

My first Cars and Coffee was great . Everyone was very friendly and gave me a great many ideas. If we could do a chip down load on Chris's brain and print it we could have the answers to all Coupe questions.

I plan to attend many more as it has to be a special place in the US car universe.

Thank you all for your kindness.

flarimer

Reaction score
I plan to attend many more as it has to be a special place in the US car universe.

Well said. Glad you enjoyed your first time there. Couple more and you'll be able to remove your "rookie" stripes!

Great to have met you and as Chris notes your 2800CS is a really nice piece! Well bought and nicely kept.

Mike Goble

Reaction score
It was my first C&C as well, and it was great to put faces to the names I see here regularly, as well as seeing in person the fine cars they represent.

It was also very nice to see another E3 on the road, something that has happened to me only once in the seven years I've been running around in mine.