Cars you want to add to your garage

Barry.b

Reaction score
I would like a detomaso pantera if I ever won the lottery :)

Attachments

• 3E5F0BE5-F4F3-4AC0-B625-87E131AFBF90.jpeg
    3E5F0BE5-F4F3-4AC0-B625-87E131AFBF90.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 81

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have an Italian friend who has driven just about every cool car imaginable. He runs a repair/resto shop (two of his client cars were at PB this year, both Ferraris) and he vintage races, often co-driving his customers cars.

He swears by the D type jag as the perfect car. Better than any Ferrari. This is heresy for an Italian, but that's what he says.

There are so many cars I have not driven, so it is hard to know what I want to add next, but once I drive it, I will know!

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
I would like a detomaso pantera if I ever won the lottery :)
i had exactly the same Pantera , a red '86 GTS . ( S from "steel" , the steel bigger fenders , no composite as on the GT's )

Long time sold.... was no dream car after all. I remember sitting on my knees on the gearbox to reach the carb or demounting half the interior to time distributor or tension belts.
Mid engines cars are not that great for maintenance......

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
This WAS in my new-to-me garage (previous owner's):

20210626_150522_HDR.jpg

He's an older, retired guy who now has it stashed in one of those rental garages where you can work on it, etc.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
As to dream machines that are not likely to appear in my garage, I'd have to put a McLaren F1 at the top of the list.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
don't forget Chris, all those modern ECU running engines are far beyond our DIY capability.....i would stick with carbs and at the most level a 123 distributor :D

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
that wing was the same as on a Lamborghini Countach ....as was the contest of the widest wheels :)

cover-8.jpg

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure how the thread got split, so I'll reply to the OP who started the discussion. Good topic @bluecoupe30! :)

Like most of us, I've owned many cars but always had unfulfilled dreams... in my case a '67 Ferrari 330 GTC or Lusso. The Lusso for pure style, but either are among the most usable Ferraris of the period. For someone that has always driven their cars as daily transportation, that's important. But sadly, those kept getting just out of reach, so we've resolved to pursue a different Italian. Which also happen to be extraordinary values as well, considering their build quality and technically advanced design. Mid-'60s Lancias.

For the past year I have been actively searching for a Lancia 2.8 3b Pininfarina Coupe. We've owned Mercedes W111 coupes, and everything in our modest stable is German: '64 VW Samba, '63 T34, '62 356S Notchback, '67 911S, '68 911 Targa, '68 Mercedes 280SL, '70 914/6 GT, '85 Euro M635, plus a couple of BMW 700s. Our pursuit of something Italian goes way back, but getting older re-focused priorities. Similar in essence to the 280 SE coupe we once owned, Flaminia's display conservative Pininfarina styling and like the big Merc, are easy to get in and out of. Arthritis sucks! So currently I have an agent beating the bushes in Europe and hope to secure a fine example by mid-winter. I think it was Martin Swig who said one should never own more cars than you can keep batteries charged for ready use. Good advice... ultimately, the sports cars will be sold as I get too old to drive them, and the right number for us is 7: a different car for each day of the week.

Anyway, behold the automotive equivalent of a classic Brioni sport coat:

View attachment 130645
Russell, that Lancia is gorgeous! I hope you find one. This has been a great thread. As many here, there is a list of cars that I feel I would enjoy owning/driving. In fact, most of us on this Forum, have the luxury of space and having such space filled with very interesting examples of automotive art. We eventually run out of space and lusting after another car is, well, futile. At least in my experience. I never sell anything. My cars are for keeps. And so are the spare parts, literature, photos, and so on. But that is why I live on a farm. I have true "barn finds" ;) Great cars everyone. Thanks for sharing!

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
OK, I must be honest here. The car I would most like to own is a Delorean. Once in my possession, I would drive over to Burnaby, BC resident, Michael J Fox place, pick him up, race to 88 mph, get back to 1972, and purchase a new BMW 3.0CS or L or X2, ....then hide them away, where only I could find them in 2021. ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoy looking at other people’s nice new cars but I have zero lust for any type of new sporty vehicle, new utility vehicle or otherwise. My next car will either be electric or some type of ICE micro commuter.

Just recently, I desperately wanted to buy this Volvo 264 in Washington. It disappeared instantly after he dropped the price to an absurd $5,500. Ran great, no rust.

I was running through scenarios. I could sell my rusty e9 project, buy this car. Then buy a low mileage gen2/3 Coyote motor and 6spd trans (~ $9K), with money leftover to spend on suspension/breaks/exhaust.

I just can’t ditch the e9 and I can’t park another project in my driveway.

54AADD2B-4DDF-4665-84ED-86265E4B0216.jpeg
3DE49FD9-CC77-4956-8832-9DAEFD4F8C4B.jpeg
7C181A4C-1C8E-4C25-B06F-CF0E15BFF449.jpeg
6E4ED13A-43CA-4088-B3DC-8B354335AF9F.jpeg

Attainable additions:
A7AA553A-2B6A-45E1-BBA1-00187F3AA1E7.jpeg
4A01B5F9-1955-4F49-B80F-CF975FE4EC4F.jpeg

Lust:
A7DCC695-95FA-4031-A5C1-515B4882067C.jpeg

Barry.b

Reaction score
OK, I must be honest here. The car I would most like to own is a Delorean. Once in my possession, I would drive over to Burnaby, BC resident, Michael J Fox place, pick him up, race to 88 mph, get back to 1972, and purchase a new BMW 3.0CS or L or X2, ....then hide them away, where only I could find them in 2021. ;)
While you are back in 1972 would you mind buying a batch of e9 front wings / fenders for us please ?:)

Last edited:

day66

Reaction score
In the realms of reality, if I had space, I'd be tempted by a Jaguar 3.8 S-type, and an Aston DBS V8. Money no object, then a DB4GT.