CA's Holy Grail of Tarmac (possibly)

shanon

Reaction score
ATTN Coupers,

Put this drive on your bucket list....seriously!

CA North State's Hwy 36 west of Red Bluff to the CA Coast.
Don't just take it from me, check out this link:
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway36.htm

cs-and-e28-on-36.gif

May have to put a coupe crawl (romp?) together on this one, I'll keep ya posted. My older brother and I had some 'fun' on it yesterday about 40 miles in of the over 140 miles to the coast. We'll check the rest of it out as soon as the snow starts to clear.

BTW: E28s are awesome, I couldn't keep up with him/it (m30 B34 motor with suspension upgrades), but then.... he's just nuts!! ;-)

-shanon

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes... It is very nice.

I have driven it a couple of times.... In my F250 PSD!!!!

:shock: :grin:

wsk

Reaction score
And here I was, SURE you were going to say "Sears Point"! (OK, Infineon Raceway.) Or maybe Laguna Seca. Or even Willow Springs. Having been fortunate enough to race many times on all these over the last 15+ years I can say I've never met a public road that quite compared!

shanon

Reaction score
Well, my brother and I have raced all those tracks too (and lets not forget the off camber challenges of Thunder Hill), and think you are comparing apples to oranges, or circuit tracks to open road race courses (Nurbergring, original SPA). My favorite is Infineon and his is Laguna and I'm sure folks could chime in from all over heralding their favorites. But this is different. Modern tracks don't have the 'terrain challenges' (or straight aways!) of the open road any more, they are becoming flatter and wider for mixed uses.

All I'm saying without starting a flame war, if you have anything that can handle and brake well, put this one the bucket list. Jump on your kids Xbox and do some laps of the 'Ring....then subtract 10feet in road width and put trees and fences on the edge of the pavement. Then add a nice river, mtn views, and cows to decorate the countryside....then you'll have an idea.

Then add 125 more miles.....and a picnic basket.

;-)
-shanon

pj

Reaction score
shan ,when are you going to come play on the track with nasa,we will be at sears on the 19th /20th bring yer skidlid and I'll take you out in the m