Caveat emptor

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
fauxpinas

I could use a one or two of those, if anyone has an incomplete set/extra; preferably only needing refinish, and ahem, cheap...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I want to sell my set for $300 plus shipping. Id love to keep them, but I'm out of space now that I have this parts car. I can use discounted shipping on these, should be pretty inexpensive to ship.

17048616950_28c2e02841_b.jpg

Last edited:

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been looking for one for a spare as well so if it comes down to it, give a holler.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mark,

i'd be interested in all 4 if you haven't sold them ... if you still have them let me know what shipping to 30338 would be and we can go from there

scott

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
the last set of wheels I shipped was through the USPostal Service. I dug up four boxes at a tire shop. USPS was $25 per shipped to new Mexico from Phx. UPS direct, not through a mail store, should be about the same. This was about a year 1/2 ago

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mark,

i'd be interested in all 4 if you haven't sold them ... if you still have them let me know what shipping to 30338 would be and we can go from there

scott

Hi Scott,

Yeah I still have them and will gladly hold them for you.. That is a really good shipping price that Bert mentioned, so I'll need to research that. I've been combining 2 wheels into one box and

This is how I shipped some 16" Mahle's last fall.

23373276742_3d0f0b3035_b.jpg

I shipped my 18" Alpinas in tire shop boxes. That was around $75 heavily discounted.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mark,

let me investigate refinishing quickly. 150 / wheel is 600 for the set plus 300 for the wheels and at least 150 for shipping. that would put the price at 1050 plus tires + installation. which would put the total cost at 1500 +/ - depending on the tires.

sounds like the only way this makes sense is a DIY approach ... let me also look into that. in the meantime, if somebody else is game or if you can sell 1 wheel each to 4 people ... go ahead. this starts making a set of bbs rs wheels looking affordable (i already have the tires for them).
Hi Scott,

Yeah I still have them and will gladly hold them for you.. That is a really good shipping price that Bert mentioned, so I'll need to research that. I've been combining 2 wheels into one box and

This is how I shipped some 16" Mahle's last fall.

23373276742_3d0f0b3035_b.jpg

I shipped my 18" Alpinas in tire shop boxes. That was around $75 heavily discounted.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds good. Shipping should be no more than $60, likely less. I'll snap some closeups of each wheel. I think the lips are rash few. You can lightly sand and respray them for under $30. I had good luck with satin black on the centers of my Alpinas. Another member has a recommendation on the proper silver for Alpinas. The thread is about a year old.

16714326568_98b365c993_b.jpg