Center console and shifter surround

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m trying to put back together my center console and shifter surround. I didn’t take them apart so I’m struggling with the little bracket, or should I say, the lack of thereof as I don’t have them.

I know the side panels screw into t but I am missing the lower brackets to tie them all together.

Also, has anyone opted for a different route on securing the side panels with stainless steel screws?

Does anyone have any file photos of the brackets in action?

Attachments

• C4C16920-731E-4E57-BE98-4D9E93A9A118.jpeg
    C4C16920-731E-4E57-BE98-4D9E93A9A118.jpeg
    304.9 KB · Views: 203

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Rex,
I have the center console on my bench and here are some semi-assembled pics with stock brackets.

side panel hole mounting.jpg
floor bracket.jpg

Close up of the bracket I called "A right".
A bracket.png

The following pics show assemble of the center console under the gear selector and window switch panel.
20200416_143733.jpg

Another view of the "Z" bracket.
20200416_143543.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting and perhaps another mystery. My shift platform appears different, does it sit higher, no tiny screws on rear side to mount to bracket to the side panels. My car was an auto, is manual different? The side panels changed from 2800CS to 3.0CS and again at 2250188 for automatics. And I don’t have the lower screws to a bracket under the A/C area. i wonder when this changed, and no pic of the platform in the orange books to compare. Found it in 51/25.
3E0A889D-2373-4C16-9822-023ECFD5CA6C.jpeg

Last edited:

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
My shift platform appears different, does it sit higher, no tiny screws on rear side to mount to bracket to the side panels.

Hi Chris,
Your shift platform is sitting the same as mine - the angle of my picture makes it look different to you but it is the same.
Regarding the tiny screws on the apron of the shift platform I added those, although the holes in the bracket were pre-exisitng. Indeed as I was researching the fitment of the shift platform I pulled about 20 different pictures of the area off the web and about 1/4th had screws. I decided to adopt the screws because 1) I liked the tighter fitment to the ends of side panels and 2) my car had a fasten seat belt lighted sign in that apron and maybe since that dealer work it became a bit floppy. I removed the sign and in its place will be a USB charger/connection radio glove box.

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Chris, those are custom brackets inside the side panel and allow me to hang the radio center metal plate without relying on the side panels. I was dissatisfied with the sloppy fitment due to the enlarged holes in my wood side panels and having just recovered the side panels I expect to now have only 1 showing mounting screw - the black one below and the aluminum will be covered by the AC side grills.

20200416_154545.jpg

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The brackets are custom by me - for reducing hole count in newly finished side panels. I have a CAD file and emachine parts (onliine) cut them.

DavidPaul

Reaction score
The brackets are custom by me - for reducing hole count in newly finished side panels. I have a CAD file and emachine parts (onliine) cut them.
I’m rebuilding my center console from scratch. Where could I find these brackets ??

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I will send you CAD files. With that E-Machine Shop (online ordering) can cut the brackets.
PM me your email for delivering the files.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will send you CAD files. With that E-Machine Shop (online ordering) can cut the brackets.
PM me your email for delivering the files.
Hi Can you send me the CAD files as well? in STEP or IGES? I will PM you my email

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Can you send me the CAD files as well? in STEP or IGES? I will PM you my email
The files that I have are .ems (or eMachineShop). They have a free downloadable CAD software that one would work in and order from. I saw that their software can export to standard files but it asks you to upgrade for a cost. You can check it out. Send your email and I'll share what I have to you.