Center Console Gauges

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dont you want to tap the gauges into the rheostat so they go on and dim with the other gauges?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Steve - The daisy chained power was the power to operate the switches. The oil pressure, temperature and air fuel gauges need swithched power to operate. And, of course, the voltage gauge is connected to switched power.

The gauge lights are daisy chained off another light, which means they operate from a source that is switched off the ignition switch and off the light switch. The new switches I installed disconnect the ground to turn off the lights.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry I meant the gauge lights to the rheostat, not the function of the gauges, so you want the option of turning off the gauge lights when the dash lights are on?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Steve -- you are approaching this from the perspective of "What functions do I want" and "How do I achieve that".

If you begin with "I want a pair of these switches in between the a/c switches because they look cool", then you will arrive at "maybe I will want to turn off the gauge lights once in a while".

Ian_fegan

Reaction score
Anyone using these Smith gauges, and if so can you post a photo of them in your car?
Smiths Oil Pressure Gauge.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Smiths gauges - totally British. vintage jags / healey / mg / triumph all with smiths ... oh, and then there is also cobras. probably can't blame any issues on smiths ... it was always the lucas electrics