Ceylon 3,0 CSL Alpina for sale

CSL 1973

Reaction score
Interesting 3,0 CSL Alpina for sale:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/s...&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&lang=de&pageNumber=1

My biggest concern, in addition to wrong type of Scheel seats (Model 300 instead of 100) and the absence of the chrome wheel arches extensions, is that the seller refer to carb data in the ad. But the VIN presented, was an injection CSL from factory. Maybe the seller simply copied the text from his other ad (Carb CSL Alpina for sale). Also, I think the VIN mentioned, maybe matches a VIN for a CSL Alpina in Polaris, living in the US ...

If so, I cld think of three possibilities:

1. The Polaris Alpina was brought back to Europe and resprayed to Ceylon
2. The seller has mixed-up the VIN of the Ceylon car
3. The Polaris Alpina in the US has another VIN

Interesting is that rumors says both cars have some "relations" to a famous CSL-collector in The Netherlands.

Further clarifications/info wld be welcome.

Cheers

Henric

Last edited:

wsk

Reaction score
Indeed, Henric, there is something exceedingly odd going on here. I mentioned this to the owner of the Polaris car in the US which has that VIN and he was very surprised!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
or:

4. The famous collector put his money in a German bank behind some Greek loans...

CSL 1973

Reaction score
Ceylon CSL Alpina for sale in NL

In The Netherlands, there is a car equipped like a CSL (with CSL stripes, Scheel seats etc), but there are some non-CSL details on that car that concern me.

The car in question looks a little bit like Greenish in color to me (Taiga?). This car is registered as 3,0 CS (reg plate YB-25...), but like the Ceylon CSL for sale, also registered in January 1973. Most other CSLs in NL, from the injection VIN-range, are registered as 3.0 CSiL.

As regards the nicely renovated Ceylon CSL Alpina for sale, more pictures including the VIN plate can be found via this link: http://www.lexclassics.nl/en/for-sale/1973_bmw_3.0_csl_alpina_/

Pls note that the VIN plate looks like brand new. Some info says that CSL 2275309 was sold new in Belgium. If so, the car should, at least from factory, have the special Belgium CSL VIN plate.

Maybe some forum-people, from the Netherlands, could shed som light about these two interesting NL CSLs?

Cheers
Henric

Last edited: