Chamonix CSL

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It must have been a very long time ago when this person owned it, I would guess at least 25 years ago. I purchased in about 20010/2011 from Lothar Schuttler in Maryland (some will know him and his great collection) and he owned it for a good while. It was a place holder for me until I found a better RHD CSL, which I did a little while ago, a nice Taiga green.

Last year although it wasn't for sale, I had a dealer in the UK drive me nuts to sell him a car, although my plan with this was to put it in auction, I even spoke to Goodings about it and said I would be selling it when the Taiga car was ready - the UK dealer persuaded me to part with it early and it has now travelled back to its original home.

You owned a green rhd Csl reg PKE ???

Now it’s in the UK !!!

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cheers Marcos for clearing that up for me!!!!
The Taiga is the keeper Sandhu, but I still have a few little bits to finish it as Marcos mentioned.

I used to love driving the Chamonix one over here and watching people double take looking for the driver :), I will be even happier to do it in the Taiga, one of my favorite colors.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
This reminds me of a CSL that I've been curious about. Some of you were at the Monterey Historics in the late 90's when I was there. '96, '97? There was a very good turn out of vintage BMW's, E9's, 2002's, and a guy who lived in Grass Valley (45 mins from me) had a Chamonix CSL with a number on the door. He bought the car at Fantasy Junction in the east bay for $20k and then ended up selling it a few years later I think. I considered buying that car when he talked about selling. Shoulda woulda coulda.

Anyone know that car or where it is now?