Charcoal or black?

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
My car had a blue interior and I want to change it to red. I called to order a carpet kit and I was presented with 2 options. Black or charcoal or red. Which one would you go with?

Polaris on the outside.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's really just a matter of taste, but I'd go with black or charcoal. Full red interior can be a bit "much", but nothing wrong with that if you like it.

image.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i very much agree with charcoal. look at pictures of Stan's Gr8white ... red seats / with charcoal carpet and black dash.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You mean the rear parcel shelf? If so I'd go black vinyl matching the other dash vinyls as originally delivered. Red is a color that looks great but can be overdone easily.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree with the charcoal carpet, too. I think that would be a nice combination with the rest of the palette as described.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How about all three. Imagine. Then rotate the dice, the worry beads and the rosary beads. When I was a hotrodder, drag racing my way through adolescence in the late 50s/early 60s, guys would ride through the Eat 'n Park car hop joint after an evening in the drive in with their girl friend's bra hanging from the mirror.

Ah, sweet bird of youth!

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
How about all three. Imagine. Then rotate the dice, the worry beads and the rosary beads. When I was a hotrodder, drag racing my way through adolescence in the late 50s/early 60s, guys would ride through the Eat 'n Park car hop joint after an evening in the drive in with their girl friend's bra hanging from the mirror.

Ah, sweet bird of youth!

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Couldn't find any Black & Red, but here is a couple Charcoal & Red:

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

red3.jpg

red4.jpg

And a couple pictures of Stan's beautiful coupe:

stanred1.jpg

stanred2.jpg

stanred3.jpg

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
56EC7D0B-532E-444E-8362-33D02DE5F34B.jpeg
It’s not just you. I always thought my original two tone brown carpet looked dirty so I replaced it with solid black.