Check your rocker panel drain holes!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve--I had water get into my driver-side floor after the long drive home from Highlands last June. I drove through extremely hard rain for several hours. My new carpet and jute under the heavy rubber backed cocomat was wet. The inside of the sill carpet was dry,so I doubt the water came through the 3 holes in the sill.
The drain holes in the bottom of my rocker panel are a mess. It looks like the car was lifted on almost all of them and only one of the 5 nubs in the metal along the bottom seam was open enough to poke a piece of coat hanger into it. The others are bent shut. You said that you flushed the rockers with POR-15. Did you
spray that in from the open front in the wheel well? I bought the W&N part that seals up that entire opening,and I used a SEM seam sealer all around it since the rubber gasket was not watertight. It looks like my rockers are sealed up and the only way to get anything in there would be through the drain holes. How did you open up your drains? The pics above don't show the holes open. Thanks for your help---Drew
The water likely came in between the window glass and the outside body "seals," entered the rockers and then up into your interior. I flushed my rockers with POR15 metal prep (not the paint) then used cavity wax (the KBS product) with a long extension tube and 360 spray tip. If I recall correctly I did these from the inside of the car. If you lift up your carpet on the area in front of the door up off the floor you should find a small white plug, pop this off and you can snake the sprayer into the rocker. There are a few of these plugs along the interior rocker, I probably opened them all up for spray access. Open, clean, and dry all drain holes first. The frame rails too.