Choices

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm tempted to add another car to the garage....this time a S38 transplant to complete the range of original CS, 2 CSLs and Jabberjaw. Just wondering if any of the recent cars would be good starting points...the taiga, white 2800cs or the polaris in seattle. The white 2800 seems too original to do this. thoughts?
chuck

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
If it were me

There's no question that the Taiga car is a very easy restoration and it's by far one of the best colors. As said before, if I bought it, I would have the front body dismantled, cleaned out and rust proofed (plus rockers). That's all it needs chassis-wise, IMHO.

Interior: Very easy. Lots of choices here as all the difficult bits are there. New door cars and seats would do it.

Powertrain: a car in such a striking color needs to be quick or it's not much better than those ricers with the 5" dia dual exhaust tips.

I'd keep the wheels and tires. The 70 series but fat rubber just look right on a 70's car. 40 series rubber bands just don't suit the car's styling.

If you did a by and large period correct M88 type upgrade, the conversion might actually add to the value of the car.

Then you could sell one of your CSL's to a deserving forum member. . .

John

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
As long as you don't do the Beige Original paint car, pick the colour you like best and go from there. I'd like a Colorado E9 with that power train. Jabberjaw has Silver covered. White is neat too.