Chris' CSI Restoration

cdavie2002

Reaction score
I bought another one, locally! The donor car will give me a complete solid front end, including wings...

Rangertom50

Reaction score
I bought another one, locally! The donor car will give me a complete solid front end, including wings...
Does it have a manual transmission and would you be interested in selling it. I have a 1971 2800CS which is automatic and I would like to switch it to manual.

cdavie2002

Reaction score
Recently found out the car was manufactured in February 1974, meaning no car tax will be due when its finally back on the road.

Work is progressing very slowly on the chassis.

Im having an M30 B34 from an 1985/86 rebuilt then mated with a 5-speed from a 635csi & a 3.25LSD.

All the suspension/steering parts & sub-frames have been media blasted.

Im curious to know what others have done when it comes to underbody protection? Plan is to have the car acid dipped a 2nd time after all the welding is complete then have it e-coated.

Yet to decide, do I get it seam sealed, do I get the underbody covered in chip resistant rubber/wax or do I keep it clean and paint the same color as the body. What have you all done?

12doplumbing

Reaction score
If I had to drive on the right hand side -- hell yes, I'd switch to automatic.
It's different. Now I don't feel my yellow hoses are that bad... My LA bling can't touch this!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 113