Clean Looking 2800 FS in Seattle

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Really nice from the photos. Can someone look at it and track the selling price. If it is "rust free" in all the major areas this seems like a fair price.

alanmcg

Reaction score
buyer?

if someone is serious about buying it, i could go chk it out - let me know.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A local guy we know (who is searching for a decent driver) looked at this coupe a few months ago and passed on the purchase. He had the following to say about it.

The paint is not full of bubbles, but there are quite a few nicks and chips... enough to firmly keep it in mid-driver-quality status until it gets a full repaint. Also, I am not the most experienced in judging paint accuracy, but to my eye it looked close to Polaris, but somehow not quite correct. It looks like a lower-mid end paint job that was done reasonably well, but is several years old and has had regular use. They claimed no rust, but the rocker covers had rust through near the front and the screws holding them on were rusted enough that they could not be removed. The independent shop I hired to inspect said from their prodding, there was more rust under the holes in the rocker covers (makes sense). They also found bondo in the nose and some small rust areas under rear bumper and in nose. Front & rear seat upholstery needs a full redo. Leaky trans, leaky ac compressor, cracked driveline flex disc, some rubber bushings falling apart, hole in the muffler, etc.... The engine stumbles and diesels... probably just needs a carb rebuild.

Basically, it doesn't look abused, but it is not a well loved daily driver. The current owner claims to have bought it from the 2nd owner who owned since 1981. But in digging around the forum, I can see he bought it at an auction in ID in early Sept 2011. The est was 13k-15k. The auction said the current owner was the 3rd owner and the engine was rebuilt. The current owner put it on eBay later in September, then started advertising it on Craigslist earlier this year. He has no documentation on the paint nor the engine.

From my inspection, I'd say it has some rust to address, but it is far from being a rust bucket. It could be a very nice stock car. It's not a beater. However, with all the items on the fixit list, they are asking too much. By the time it is a sort of nice nice daily driver, it will have cost as much as a very nice car.

Could be a good restoration candidate for the right price....