Clear front signal light covers

Honolulu

Reaction score
clear signal covers

Never heard of them... but what do I know?

Maybe, as for 2002s, the originally orange signal lenses have faded out.

Possibly they are aftermarket, but for such a limited production item I wouldn't think so. Clear signal covers seem to be a fad that has died out, thankfully.

de coupe

Reaction score
Clear len turn signals

Every one is entitled to there own opinion. This is the first seeing them I believe it was an item either in France or Italy It would look nice on a darker car "hey like mine" So if any one knows or would like to talk to Carl "it cost me money everytime I talk to him" All jokes aside I would be interested in a set.... Thanks

Malc

Reaction score
Agree with Honolulu they look like bleached or faded covers. The owner has decided to put in orange bulbs rather than replacing the covers

Each to their own but to me they look, well, wrong......

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know they have a bit of the rice-bomb aura about them in this era, but I can't imagine that they're really just faded originals. Faded originals don't lose all their color in my experience.

They've gotta' be original or purpose-produced aftermarket. And hard to believe they're the latter.

Might be a bit "wrong" but I think they look good on the silver....and as with cars with no side marker lights, a minimalist appearance on the flank of the car is just another interesting option.

MichaelP

Reaction score
They're Italy delivery lenses, mandated by some arcane law in force at the time. The half clear/half amber lenses that you see on 02s occasionally are also Italian lenses. They've been long-NLA for coupes, though it seems there must have been a run of them for 02s not so long ago.

glenn in encinitas

Site Donor
Reaction score
I disagree. Those are not Italian lenses. Italian lenses are orange and white (I've got them on my Italian-delivery CSL), while these appear completely white. Very different.

RogerB

Reaction score
glenn in encinitas said:
I disagree. Those are not Italian lenses. Italian lenses are orange and white (I've got them on my Italian-delivery CSL), while these appear completely white. Very different.

Several years ago, when I had '02s, I recall seeing some completely white '02 lens for sale on Ebay. The seller said they were required for Italian military vehicles and very rare. I don't see a coupe being used as a military vehicle, but the same applies for an '02. FWIW