Clock Restart Question

NewYorkBeemer

Reaction score
Quick clock-related question, I recently fixed my clock (re-soldered the fuse and cleaned/lubed the movement which is surprisingly easy to do and costs me a few dollars materials) and it's been running fine on the bench for a few days. My question is, if it happens to stop once installed in the dash, is there a way to get it going again without removing it? Doesn't look like the time adjustment knob can function to mechanically wind it? And the battery won't restart the movement unless the contacts are closed/coil is fired so that doesn't help either. Please let me know if I am missing something, thanks.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Quick clock-related question, I recently fixed my clock (re-soldered the fuse and cleaned/lubed the movement which is surprisingly easy to do and costs me a few dollars materials) and it's been running fine on the bench for a few days. My question is, if it happens to stop once installed in the dash, is there a way to get it going again without removing it? Doesn't look like the time adjustment knob can function to mechanically wind it? And the battery won't restart the movement unless the contacts are closed/coil is fired so that doesn't help either. Please let me know if I am missing something, thanks.

if it happens to stop once installed in the dash, is there a way to get it going again without removing it?
I DON T THINK SO

Doesn't look like the time adjustment knob can function to mechanically wind it?
THERE IS NOTHING TO WIND IN THAT CLOCK, so I DONT THINK SO