Coco Mats or Equivalent

Howard

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am in the process of upgrading my existing floor mats and had Coco Mats at the top of my list for new mats and a matching trunk liner. In chatting with them directly within the past week, I learned however that Coco Mats has discontinued their blue/natural and blue/tan color schemes. Not sure why? Perhaps low demand.

In any case, my coupe is Nachtblau with tan interior and I am not sure that any of the remaining Coco Mats combinations will work. So reaching out to see if anyone has any suggestions of other manufacturers to pursue -- or in the very unlikely case, has a new or like new set available in the blue/tan or blue/natural combination.

Regards.

Howard

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Whichever you pick- make sure your throttle rod doesn’t bottom out on it ….

dbower

Reaction score
Whichever you pick- make sure your throttle rod doesn’t bottom out on it ….
The driver mat they made for my E9 had this issue. I complained (politely) and they made me a new one at no charge. I've bought 4 sets from them since. Small discount for members of Hagerty Driver's Club.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cocomats is a class act. Bought several sets from them. One set for my BJ8 Healey had the rubber heel mat too far forward. Sent them photos and measurements of what would work better and they custom made a new driver side mat for me, shipped and all at no extra charge. They aim to please. Recently on another set, I see they now send a fitment package where they ask you to place paper templates in your footwell and make note of any adjustments you may need and then ship the package back to them for final production. (all postage paid). Great communication and a product you cannot get anywhere else! :cool:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cocomats is a class act. Bought several sets from them. One set for my BJ8 Healey had the rubber heel mat too far forward. Sent them photos and measurements of what would work better and they custom made a new driver side mat for me, shipped and all at no extra charge. They aim to please. Recently on another set, I see they now send a fitment package where they ask you to place paper templates in your footwell and make note of any adjustments you may need and then ship the package back to them for final production. (all postage paid). Great communication and a product you cannot get anywhere else! :cool:
Wow, as good as Coco Chanel!

Howard

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just a quick update. The people at Coco Mats have been great. I would echo the "class act" characterization of their customer service. Although they have discontinued the blue/tan and blue/natural color schemes, they do have black/tan and black/natural in various materials and are shipping me samples at no charge so I can see the various color combinations and material options. All complimentary. I am sure I will find a combination that will work. And yes, they do have a template for e9 coupes and will send me a draft of sizing for review... Thanks to all for the input.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Regarding Don's comment, I have not had this problem, but I had trouble with the mats in my e39 grabbing the clutch pedal when I depressed the clutch. I sent to Cocomats a template for changes to the e39, and they made a mat to my specification. Excellent customer service.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I really love the Checkers style CocoMats, I have/had them in several cars including my e9. Being contemplating putting the red and black mats in my e46 M3 convertible. It's Imola red, on Imola red leather, with a matching hardtop. Maybe that car doesn't need anymore red.o_O

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I really love the Checkers style CocoMats, I have/had them in several cars including my e9. Being contemplating putting the red and black mats in my e46 M3 convertible. It's Imola red, on Imola red leather, with a matching hardtop. Maybe that car doesn't need anymore red.o_O
perhaps not, but black and red checkerboard will give it a good base at the floor. out of curiosity, does it also have red carpet, or is it black?

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
perhaps not, but black and red checkerboard will give it a good base at the floor. out of curiosity, does it also have red carpet, or is it black?

Not a great picture but carpets, dash, and most of the doors (except for Imola leather inserts) are black. The stock M3 floor mats are perfect so that's another reason I haven't move on it yet.
IMG_1126.jpg

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don't know if @Drew Gregg ever sold his mats - He listed them December 2022. In case you are interested: https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/for-sale-cs-coco-mats.41715/

March 2023 someone sent a PM - likely sold
My mats are still available--long story. Note--The factory pattern does not fit the driver-side left kick panel. I sent them a template for the mat so that it fits correctly. The new sisal tan mats they made for me and the mats in the above link fit the left kick panel, and there is with no binding around the accelerator pedal.