Cold start relay location

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
On my Bavaria it is mounted on the pass fender, below and slightly in front of the coil, kind of near the ballast resistor. May need to remove the air filter housing intake hose to see it better.
mFCnQUPRZglkexJs3sKlnUA.jpg

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That pic appears to be the speed relay/switch?

11 64 1 257 656

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is the only image under Google images that I could find that described as such and that I have on my 72. On RealOEM I cannot find any such relay. In fact I wonder if we have such a thing?? The only thing I am aware of is the thermo start valve on the side of he Zenith that is the precursor of the cold start valve.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mauricio, your car being a '71 Si should have D-Jetronic. At least for my '76 Si with L-Jetronic the cold start relay is the smallest of the two sshiny cans seen in the photo below behind the brake booster support beam. The connector is the one seen in the second photo below. I don't knw if DJet and LJet have it in the same location.

P1070613.JPG

P1020613.JPG

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Luis......I love that color. That's one of those "I would never pick it from the palette" but in person, ahhhhh. I did not think any form of injection was available in 71?

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's why I bought that car Bob, the color!

According to Bosch equipment listing records, both the 3.0Si and CS from 7/71 production had D Jetronic. D-Jet E3's were never imported into the USA. Only the later L-Jet Sis.